My gallery won't work on my wifi

by Carlie_M_Cullen

Original Post

My gallery won't work on my wifi

★ Apprentice

Hi there, so, the problem I'm having is I'm unable to use the gallery when connected to my Wi-Fi. My Wi-Fi works just fine, the gallery just won't work on it. I've connected my phone to my computer and am using my data which makes the gallery usable again. I've tried everything, I've flushed my DNS, restarted my router, turned off my firewall and antivirus... I just don't know what to do. My data isn't without limit, I will run out of it eventually. Does anyone know why the gallery won't just work on my Wi-Fi?

For the record, I'm working with Windows 10, everything is up to date. I do use mods but I've also tried with and without mods/tray folder and I have the same problem. I've looked it up on Google but nothing has worked.

Please help!

Message 1 of 8 (342 Views)

Re: My gallery won't work on my wifi

★★★ Newbie
@Carlie_M_Cullen im having the exact same problem, ive had someone check over all my laptop settings and been on the phone to my internet provider and that does not seem to be the problem.
Message 2 of 8 (325 Views)

@Carlie_M_Cullen  Do you have a laptop, and if so, can you take it to a friend's house, or somewhere that offers free wifi, and test there?  It's worth checking whether your router or network is in fact the issue.

@Iam_Epidemicc  The same applies to you as well: even if you think your router and provider are fine, the only way to know for sure is to test.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 8 (302 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddictIt's not a laptop and like I've stated in my first post it works fine on my phone's data so my Wi-Fi is the problem and idk why or how to fix it.

Message 4 of 8 (295 Views)

@Carlie_M_Cullen  It was more a thought about narrowing things down (perhaps some other internal setting is getting in the way), but if you don't have a laptop, it's a moot point.  If you have an ethernet cable available, the easiest thing would be to plug it in instead.  The only other thing that comes to mind, other than your internet provider blocking the connection, is that perhaps you've told Windows your home wifi is a public network and your phone is private.  That wouldn't normally cause problems, but since you can have different settings for public and private networks.

If you feel like experimenting, you could also try using the Gallery in a new admin Windows account.  If the issue happens to be something about your current account, for example some temp file or a user setting, the Gallery should work fine in the new account.

Still, it's possible this is about your router or provider.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 8 (289 Views)

★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict I'll check it out, thank you
Message 6 of 8 (281 Views)

★★★ Newbie

mine seems to be working now, i think mine was a problem with the internet itself as i was on a call to an agent with my provider and made me change my speed settings. I couldnt use my playstation or my daughter couldnt use her switch either even though our netflix and general internet was working. maybe check yours? 

Message 7 of 8 (265 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having this same issue I have even turned off my firewall and that doesn't seem to be the problem. I noticed after the update I have not been able to connect to the gallery. Did you get your issue resolved?

Message 8 of 8 (225 Views)