My forums.thesims.com not closing

by InfiniteVerve

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My forums.thesims.com not closing

★ Expert

I contacted the EA help (through email, live chat, AND phone) and asked for myforums.thesims.com account to be closed. I did this at the beginning of September, and have the conversation (phone) recorded from when the EA advisor called me. He said they would close the forum account and this has not been done. It certainly does not take over a month to do so. Closing a forum account takes minutes.

I would like an actual EA guru to contact me- not the sourced out 'advisors' (who also told me they can't do anything- except take the call, chat, or email- and then "forward my concern").

Message 1 of 10 (461 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My forums.thesims.com not closing

Community Manager

Hi @InfiniteVerve,

We are not able to help with account deletion requests or perform account deletions on our forums. It sounds like you are in touch with the right team though - EA Help

I'm not sure what the delay might be with your account deletion request. The best thing to do would be to link in with the EA Help again and ask how it's progressing? From there, the Support team should have some insight into what might be causing the delay like a backlog of requests or something else. 

- Lanna 

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 6 of 10 (387 Views)

All Replies

@InfiniteVerve  The SimGurus don't run the forum anymore; they haven't for years.  If you want your forums.thesims.com account closed, contact EA_Mai or EA_Rtas on the forums by private message and ask.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/profile/EA_Mai

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/profile/EA_Rtas

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 10 (453 Views)

★ Expert
@puzzlezaddict already did that
Message 3 of 10 (443 Views)

@InfiniteVerve  Okay, then I'll ask around to see if there's a better answer.  It might take a day or two, but I or someone else will get back to you.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 10 (431 Views)

★ Expert
@puzzlezaddict Thank you very much.
Message 5 of 10 (419 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @InfiniteVerve,

We are not able to help with account deletion requests or perform account deletions on our forums. It sounds like you are in touch with the right team though - EA Help

I'm not sure what the delay might be with your account deletion request. The best thing to do would be to link in with the EA Help again and ask how it's progressing? From there, the Support team should have some insight into what might be causing the delay like a backlog of requests or something else. 

- Lanna 

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 6 of 10 (388 Views)

★ Expert
@EA_Lanna I have sent more requests already. At this point I am ready to go to the news team to investigate. I see there is already an issue with fake (tech) support.
Message 7 of 10 (378 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Ok @InfiniteVerve, the support team should respond to your case when you update it. If you've sent in more, keep an eye out for a reply email or a callback depending on which option you've chosen.

Message 8 of 10 (373 Views)

★ Expert
@EA_Lanna that's the same reply I keep getting. I have seen two investigations (so far) that have been busting "tech support" call centers (scammers), and the RCMP are looking into them. I will be adding this as another. The operation is the same.
Message 9 of 10 (365 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @InfiniteVerve,

There isn't anything else I can advise or assist with apart from what I have shared with you above i.e. Account deletion requests can only be handled through the EA Help team, please reach out to them directly.

I'll close this thread here as a result. Best of luck with your support case.

Message 10 of 10 (353 Views)