Re: My expansion packs are not running in game

by peanutpastrie

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My expansion packs are not running in game

★★★ Newbie

Expansion packs are not working in game. THey are downloaded and appear in both the EA app as well as my Sims 4 games. None of the add ons are availble. No clothes, hair, furniture, anything. 

Message 1 of 13 (28,880 Views)

Accepted Solution

@peanutpastrie  Please try repairing Sims 4 in Origin.  First, clear its cache:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Then open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

If you don't have Origin installed anymore, please download it again; the EA App doesn't have the repair function.  You can have both installed at the same time, you just can't run both at the same time.  If you get an error when trying to open Origin, open the Task Manager and kill the "EABackgroundService" process, or just restart your computer.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 13 (28,857 Views)

All Replies

@peanutpastrie  Please try repairing Sims 4 in Origin.  First, clear its cache:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Then open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

If you don't have Origin installed anymore, please download it again; the EA App doesn't have the repair function.  You can have both installed at the same time, you just can't run both at the same time.  If you get an error when trying to open Origin, open the Task Manager and kill the "EABackgroundService" process, or just restart your computer.

Message 2 of 13 (28,858 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you very much! It worked! 

Message 3 of 13 (28,849 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I thought EA app replaced origin?

Message 4 of 13 (28,184 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I can't even find orugin to download any more, everything I find directs to EA app

Message 5 of 13 (28,126 Views)

Re: Why can't I play my expansion pack!

★★★★★ Novice

How do I get origin to recognize I bought it through steam?  the packs are listed in game under my packs, but content isn't  playing. the packs in question are get to work and high school years.

I've already tried adding exceptions to my virus protection which is avast.  not running legacy

Message 6 of 13 (28,114 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having this same issue. I originally bought The Sims 4 through Origin. Now that Origin has been replaced with the EA App, I was able to download Sims 4, and only 2 of my like 10 different expansion packs installed. They show up when I click on manage, and then manage add-ons. But only as downloadable - and then it says I have to manage them through Steam, but I never had a Steam account until today when I created one to see if I could access them there and I can't.

Message 7 of 13 (28,047 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Katylou43768  Please reinstall Origin and try to download your content there instead.  You can find an Origin installer in this post:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Downloading-and-installing-Origin-Windows-and-...

Edit:  @Katylou43768  Let's continue in your new thread.

@sppnz  Please use the other thread you started instead of this one.  There are a couple of messages you haven't responded to yet.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/I-had-problems-with-sims4-not-loading-and-wouldn-t-rep...

Message 8 of 13 (28,021 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

lucky you. didn't work for me. I bought my packs in steam; I'm almost tempted to rebuy via origin

Message 9 of 13 (28,004 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@peanutpastrie This seems to be happening to a lot of players that spend their money on these expansion packs that render no value whatsoever to the customer. Who wants to pay for something they cannot use?? i have asked EA for help getting these packs to install with no available solution from them It has been a month that most of my 11 packs paid for i cannot use. I think it is a rip off to the consumer.
Message 10 of 13 (15,808 Views)