My custom content stopped showing and stopped working completely

by BriLily

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My custom content stopped showing and stopped working completely

★★★★ Novice

So I've had custom content since I've got the game (July 17th 2017) and all has gone well. Then I got some expansion packs and it was slow of course but everything was working. One day in September it crashed while I was playing it meaning it went black and stopped working so I went back on to play it again and it starting loading like normal, but the screen size went back to normal. After a while it loaded and it started doing the "welcome" thing for the expansions. I was so confused so I went to the game options to look at my custom content and they were marked but in the beginning the mods thing never came up. The resource file is there and I deleted all of my cc and tried again from scratch and I've tried everything I've seen but no one has had this problem. I miss my cc.

Any help?

Message 1 of 22 (1,181 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My custom content stopped showing and stopped working completely

Champion (Retired)

Do as mentioned before place your Mods and CC in that folder.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 19 of 22 (1,587 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Remember to enable Mods and CC in Game Options Other then restart the game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 22 (1,172 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've done that and made sure multiple times but still nothing 

Message 3 of 22 (1,169 Views)

Champion (Retired)

In that case you have not placed it in the correct folder. Otherwise it would show up when you start the game.

Message 4 of 22 (1,163 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have it in Documents-EA-The Sims 4-Mods. I'm so confused 

Message 5 of 22 (1,152 Views)

Champion (Retired)

You probably use Onedrive and have it there in a similar path.

Message 6 of 22 (1,137 Views)

Champion (Retired)

If his/her cc worked before they're probalby using the right folder though, I don't think this is the problem.

First, delete the whole mods-folder, and repair the game (make a backup of your saves).
Start the game and make sure to enable mods in options (both cc and scripts). Exit game, and download like one piece of safe cc you know works for someone else. Create a new "Mods"-folder and put it there (the game will create a new resources-file). Start the game again and check if the cc works. :O

Message 7 of 22 (1,129 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@CMeki

He/she started over that is where the path can change.

Message 8 of 22 (1,117 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I did all of that and the game never even made a new resource file. I'm at a loss. (Also it's she for future reference Standard smile )

Message 9 of 22 (1,096 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@BriLily

Like already answered you should look on Onedrive.

BTW. I figured it was she based on your username. But better safe than sorry.Large smile

Message 10 of 22 (1,091 Views)