Re: My cursor turned into a Travel icon

by crinrict

Original Post

My cursor turned into a Travel icon

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion, game, and stuff packs are installed
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My sim's home lot is slip 42. I was zoomed out looking around at the surrounding neighborhood since I never played in StrangerVille before. I moved my cursor over a lot that said "Travel" and I may or may not have pressed it. I don't think I did, but I may have by accident. It took me to the travel screen, when I returned to live mode, my cursor had turned into a travel icon and anything I clicked on just took me to the travel screen.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim's home lot is slip 42. I was zoomed out looking around at the surrounding neighborhood since I never played in StrangerVille before. I moved my cursor over a lot that said "Travel" and I may or may not have pressed it. I don't think I did, but I may have by accident. It took me to the travel screen, when I returned to live mode, my cursor had turned into a travel icon and anything I clicked on just took me to the travel screen.
What do you expect to see? I expect my cursor to not turn into a travel icon and get stuck traveling any time I try to do something in live mode.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I downloaded the Strangerville pack and this is the first time i've ever encountered this glitch/bug.

I tried to upload n image, but your website wouldn't let me. It also said "url does not contain image" when I tried to link it to where I have it stored online. I guess I'll just try adding it as a link.

Message 1 of 6 (428 Views)

Hero

Hi @Kazuzi3 

moving this to tech for troubleshooting.

Do you only have this issue in StrangerVille ? There's a lot of unroutable areas there although you can see houses. They're just FX. 

Do you also have this if you home lot as well ?

As you are using mods, this can also be an issue of an outdated mod, so please test without to see if you have the same issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (420 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

It only happened that once and I wasn't able to move the camera around. I was still on my homelot, I was just moving the camera around to see the setup of StrangerVille. This is the only time I ever had it happen, so I really don't know if it's an issue for StrangerVille or an issue in the base game as well. I might try later and get back to you. I do have mods installed, but none of them relate to traveling anywhere or effect the lots in anyway, so I wouldn't think it would be the mods. When it happened, I wasn't able to do anything at all in game (I didn't try hotkeys though). Anytime I tried to click on anything, it just took me to the travel menu. I was able to get into the game menu and save and exited the game. When I restarted the game it was fixed.

Message 3 of 6 (402 Views)

Hero
If you have any UI mods, those could also cause issues.

Here's a list of broken mods: https://simsvip.com/2019/02/21/broken-mods-for-february-19-patch-strangerville-gp/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (400 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This mods I use that are on the list all said compatible or updated, so they shouldn't have been the problem. At the time, I didn't have any UI cheats installed, so that shouldn't have been a problem either.

I've tried to recreate the problem in all neighborhoods, but have been unsuccessful even in StrangerVille. I really have no clue what happened to get it to glitch like that. I did think of some interesting things I noticed/remember from the original problem that might help someone else recreate the problem. The travel icon was specifically the travel icon from the phone, but instead of bringing up a menu like it does for the phone, it just took me straight to the travel menu. Something I also found interesting was that it specifically came up "traveling" when the world map appeared. The lot I may or may not have clicked on was a residential lot, so it should have come up "visiting" if I had actually clicked on it. I really have no idea what happened or how to recreate it.

Message 5 of 6 (395 Views)

Hero
Good to hear that it's solved for now.

Word on mods: If they say updated, then the version you're using is not compatible unless you went to the site and downloaded the newest version of the mod.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (388 Views)