Re: My computer won't read the sims 3 disk

by unspokenprayer01

Original Post

My computer won't read the sims 3 disk

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

My computer won't read the sims 3 disk. The game works in other computers and runs just fine. My computer also reads cds and other video games.

I have the game downloaded but it won't let me play unless I have the cd (that the computer can't recognize). I have played this game on this computer about one year ago and I don't understand why it won´t work. I have windows XP and origin installed. Please help me

Message 1 of 22 (22,090 Views)

Hero
  • Does it have any scratches ?
  • What's the exact error message you're getting ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 22 (22,053 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My computer wont even recognize that i've inserted the sims disk but all the other games work fine. 

The disk has some scratches(not deep) but I have been playing on another computer and everything is fine.

The incompatibility is with my disk and my computer

Message 3 of 22 (22,045 Views)

★ Apprentice

If you have the serial code you can register your game with origin and have a digital copy of it in your "My games" list..

Then you should be able to download that game from origin, install it and be able to play!

Message 4 of 22 (22,041 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Where can I register this? Not really tech savvy.

Message 5 of 22 (21,286 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How Do I Do This Exactly ?

Message 6 of 22 (20,658 Views)

Message 7 of 22 (20,646 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same, all other games work fine but sims wont get recognized.... a little disappointed....

Message 8 of 22 (18,920 Views)

Hero

Are you on a PC or Mac ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 22 (18,907 Views)

★★★ Newbie
My computer wont load the sims 3 disc 😩 and it has no scratches at all i only played it for like 3 days and after that it would load in my computer and im trying to fix that. Can u please help. Because thats a waste of money for a game you cant play.
Message 10 of 22 (17,715 Views)