Re: My computer reboots itself randomly since installing City Living

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

My computer reboots itself randomly since installing City Living

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I had no problems playing Sims 4 basegame and Seasons for months, but a couple days ago I installed City Living. Ever since then, I can't play a full Sim day without my computer screen randomly going black without warning and then rebooting itself. This seems to happen most often when travelling, but also once while I was just playing in my house. There doesn't seem to be a pattern/specific time that the crash happens. It only happens while playing Sims 4. I also play Sims 3 with 4 expansions and this doesn't happen while playing it.

I play Sims 4 with no CC and only the MCCC Deaderpool mod.

I thought it might be overheating since my CPU fans run high while playing, but according to OpenHardwareMonitor my GPU never goes above 80 deg Cel.

I've attached a .txt file of my DxDiag. Incredibly grateful to anyone who can take a look and give some thoughts. I wanted to buy more expansions but if my computer can't even handle Seasons+City Living then I'll have to hold off.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2 (234 Views)

Re: My computer reboots itself randomly since installing City Living

@muvvapukka  Your computer rebooting is pretty serious, more so than just the game itself crashing.  A high GPU temperature is one potential culprit, but hardly the only one.  (And 80º is still high, though not so high that your entire computer should reboot.)

The best thing to do would be to get more complete data on all your hardware, not just the graphics card.  Please download hwinfo from here:

https://www.hwinfo.com/download/

Be sure to click the green button, not the orange one.  You don't even have to install if you don't want to—choose the portable option and launch it directly from your Downloads folder.   Restart your computer, open hwinfo, and click the icon with the sheet of paper and the + sign to start logging.  (You can name the log and save it to your desktop so it's easier to find later.)  Wait five minutes, with nothing else running, and then launch Sims 4.  Play for 20 minutes or until it crashes, then end logging.

Leave the log file in .csv format, upload it to a free filesharing site, and link it here.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (217 Views)