My computer blocked my sims4 now I can’t play

by zilli200123

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My computer blocked my sims4 now I can’t play

★★★ Newbie
Hi I just got a new expansion pack for my sims 4 the city living I wanted to play my game and it wouldn’t let me and then I started getting fustrated because I tried to run a trouble shoot and and the problem was that my game wasn’t compatible with TS4 because my stupid computer blocked the ts4 unauthorised and now I can’t play my game and I tried unblocking and I can’t it blocked it through my control folder or something like that I’m clueless every time I try to play it says “unable to start: initialisation error at start up, and a load of random numbers now I can’t play my game.SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE
Message 1 of 5 (12,477 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My computer blocked my sims4 now I can’t play

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

This is not a Sims 4 issue but a Windows Defender issue. A search on Microsoft support would likely have gotten you an answer sooner but anyway here it is:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4046851/windows-10-controlled-folder-access-windows-defende...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (12,964 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie
Here’s some pics
Message 2 of 5 (12,468 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

This is not a Sims 4 issue but a Windows Defender issue. A search on Microsoft support would likely have gotten you an answer sooner but anyway here it is:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4046851/windows-10-controlled-folder-access-windows-defende...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 5 (12,965 Views)

★★★ Newbie
OMG THANK YOU LIFESAVER I WAS LITTERLY GONNA DELETE MY GAME
Message 4 of 5 (12,428 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The same thing has been happening to me, but when I tried going to settings and unblocking it I wasn't even given the option to edit it!

Message 5 of 5 (12,237 Views)