Re: My cc isn't showing up in my game, Help!

by crinrict

Original Post

Hero

HI @serendiqiity

Move the whole thing to the desktop (move the top one), then start the game to let it create a new one.

After that, just move the mods from your backup over to the newely generated folder.

You need to put script mods on the top level (one subfolder allowed so you can either make one folder called scriptmods and put all script mods in there or create one folder per mod.

Do try to organize the rest by say site you download and creator or whatever suits you best.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 29 (1,573 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'll try it out, just realizing I'm responding 1 month later hehe c:

Message 22 of 29 (1,519 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I moved both mod folders to my desktop and I went into the game twice and it did not generate a new mods folder, should I take the whole EA folder to my desktop then enter the game again so it generates a whole new EA folder?
Message 23 of 29 (1,514 Views)

Hero

Hi @serendiqiity

then the game is probably using a different folder from what you think

Here's how to find out which folder the game uses: https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2018/07/how-to-find-your-user-folder/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 29 (1,504 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I looked at the website and clicked on the underlined words to see if those would help but they didn't. I think my game is using a different folder for mods but everytime I click on OneDrive it doesn't take me anywhere and I don't think I have iCloud. The article keeps making me confused and I have no idea what's going on nor what to do..
Message 25 of 29 (1,471 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I uninstalled and reinstalled it, downloaded CC, put it in the Mods folder (and also organized it) then went in game and my CC showed up! c: I know you didn't really give me that advice but I still wanna say thank you for your support and you responding to me trying to help me figure out the problem. Thank you so much you should really work for EA. c: <3
Message 26 of 29 (1,445 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Its a mac

Message 27 of 29 (1,410 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was scrolling through with the same problem and then looked in one drive and it was there thank you

Message 28 of 29 (1,097 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @POLYGONGAMERS, glad you could find a solution. Standard smile If a post in this thread helped, please give the post some XP. ^^

I'll close this thread here as this thread is a bit of an oldie. Thanks.
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 29 of 29 (1,090 Views)