My cc isn't showing up in my game, Help!

by angiex0716

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My cc isn't showing up in my game, Help!

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I went on a cc spree two nights ago after I deleted all of my old custom content (starting fresh with nothing in my mods folder except for the resource file) and downloaded a whole bunch of cc. After I was done I opened sims and the mods/cc pop up didn't show up. So I opened cas and none of my cc is there. None at all. I have mods enabled in my settings, I don't have any subfolders, all of the cc is .package files, if I needed a mesh for a cc I downloaded it, and I've even taken out the mods folder and put it back in. I've repaired my game through origin, also uninstalled and reinstalled the game. For the past two days I've been searching for whats wrong but I can't find anything. Someone please help! I need my custom content! 

Message 1 of 29 (52,500 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My cc isn't showing up in my game, Help!

Hero

Could be.

Put your mods/cc in that folder and see if they show up.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 8 of 29 (58,331 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Does the game start and play? Do you have scripting mods enabled? Is the resource file ok? Is your computer a pc or Mac?

Message 2 of 29 (52,408 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes for your first two questions. This is what my resource file has inside, I don't know what to look for in qualifications if its ok or not. And I have a pc (windows 10).

Priority 500
PackedFile *.package
PackedFile */*.package
PackedFile */*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*.package

Message 3 of 29 (52,404 Views)

Hero (Retired)

The only thing that comes to mind is to reset the game - reset game and then try one mod you know will work. If that works then you need to check all mods to see if they are up to date. The 3/26 patch broke some mods.

Message 4 of 29 (52,398 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I made the backup file, then deleted the original as said. But when I opened the game everything was the same? My saved games are still there and the game didn't reset.. It also didn't create a new file. Wondering

Message 5 of 29 (52,395 Views)

Hero

Sounds like your user folder might be in a different place.

Are you using onedrive ? If so, can you check there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 29 (52,389 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes I do have onedrive. There is an EA folder in there, does that mean the game is working with the file in onedrive instead of the one in my regular documents? 

Message 7 of 29 (52,388 Views)

Hero

Could be.

Put your mods/cc in that folder and see if they show up.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 29 (58,332 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It worked! Thank you so much!! You're a lifesaver! :eahigh_file:

Message 9 of 29 (52,372 Views)

Hero

You might wanna make sure, that the game is not using the one on the onedrive by redirecting your user folder to your hard drive.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 29 (52,363 Views)