Re: My cc isn't saving after I edit in CAS

by Sashas0nic

Original Post

My cc isn't saving after I edit in CAS

★★★ Novice

So my sister downloaded a little bit of custom content last night. All of our CC, new and old, is showing up in CAS but its not saving in game. And whenever we go back into CAS, its reset back to the CC-less version.  Its like we have no CC in live mode, but when we go into CAS all of our CC is there like normal. We can add it to the sims with no problem, but it doesn't show in game. I'm going to try to remove all new CC files, but does anyone else have this problem and does anyone have a suggusting for what else I could do. Also, I'm not sure if this is related, but our game keeps freezing up. I think that was a result of all the new CC plus the 3 new packs we got, so please let me know if you have any idea what I am talking about!

Message 1 of 2 (269 Views)

Re: My cc isn't saving after I edit in CAS

★★ Pro

Hi @Maximum0Dinosaur Apart from culling your folders one by one, or the  50/50 method, to narrow down the broken cc or mod, that is all you can do, as you'll simply need to find the broken mod/cc it and remove it.. Restarting and checking your game each time during the culling process, including deleting the localthumbcache.package in your Sims4 folder each time) 

Mods and CC require maintenance to keep them in your game, if the modder has not updated it after a game patch/update it may be broken. The process of culling & removing it, to find the broken mod is the only option though, you'll find it won't be 'all of them' but a few or even just 'one'.. 

After every patch or game update, this is a necessary process, to add your mods back to your game, folder by folder and starting it each time to test to see if it's ok to play. (nb: you should keep them separated for ease of checking, btw)

• I also use Sims 4 Studio for batch fixes, as it solves a lot of problems in bulk (but not all.) It's also available for Mac. And is updated frequently, with pack relevant bug fixes.

Hope this helps. 

Sasha

I have no connection to EA, am an Avid Mods/CC user, but don't make them

Simsonic Weebly, also Incorporating the Mod TrackerSimsonic Weebly, also Incorporating the Mod Tracker

Message 2 of 2 (223 Views)