My build mode bar won’t show up

by kate35353535

Original Post

My build mode bar won’t show up

★ Novice

When I go on build mode , it shows everything but the bar at the bottom with all the materials! I can’t do anything in build mode and when I try to add a house from the gallery , it glitches out and my screen just turns shear grey and I can’t click on anything! Please help me thanks

Message 1 of 10 (1,065 Views)

Re: My build mode bar won’t show up

Champion (Retired)

Do you have any Mods or CC? If so move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 10 (1,057 Views)

★ Novice

Okay I’ll try now thanks 

Message 3 of 10 (1,043 Views)

★ Novice

There were three so I’m going to move all of them and see if that helps

Message 4 of 10 (1,041 Views)

★ Novice

That did not work sadly , is there anything else I can do? I really want to fix it

Message 5 of 10 (1,037 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@kate35353535 wrote:

There were three so I’m going to move all of them and see if that helps

There can not be three Mods folders or localtumbcache.package files in one location so your answer confuses me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 6 of 10 (1,033 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@kate35353535 wrote:

That did not work sadly , is there anything else I can do? I really want to fix it

Try doing a factory reset as described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

Message 7 of 10 (1,032 Views)

★ Novice

Do I uninstall the sims 4 game? 

Message 8 of 10 (1,024 Views)

Champion (Retired)

No. though you may try this as well if a factory reset doesn't help.

Message 9 of 10 (1,017 Views)

★ Guide

Hello :3 

If you have any UI Extension, that will affect a/many part/s of your UI, hence why the bar will not act accordingly. In case you have that, delete anything related to it and the game shall function properly ^_^. Try a Game repair (Right Click on the game in Origin > Repair) after deleting it, just to make sure. 

This issue may also occur if you have merged some mod files with the original game files. If you've ever accepted such pop-up message, then this might be it. 

Would you mind telling us:

expansions owned:

which was the last expansion you've got:

Additionally, the firewall/antivirus might block that feature of the game, therefore make sure to have the game added to the exceptions :3. 

Adding exceptions for the game, firewall

https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001324.htm

Adding exceptions for the game, antivirus (you should find your antivirus in the list, if you have one installed): 

https://appuals.com/how-to-add-steam-as-an-exception-to-your-antivirus-or-firewall-software/

Let us know how it goes and what applies in your case :3. If you have any other details, screenshots that you think might help us, do attach them ^_^. 

Have a great rest of the week! Cat

Message 10 of 10 (1,005 Views)