Re: My The Sims 4 doesn't recognize my graphics card

by Pinhash

Original Post

My The Sims 4 doesn't recognize my graphics card

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

So my game doesn't run, o try to start it but it says that it doesn't work with my graphics card, thing is, it should work with my GPU, it tells me to install the latest drivers, i've done that and it still doesn't work.

My Graphics Card is - NVidia Geforce GTX 960

The pop-up has a code, i'm guessing it's the error's code?

[0e6d1221:1df4eBdc80010000:00000000]

Message 1 of 10 (6,439 Views)

Message 2 of 10 (6,429 Views)

★★★ Novice
Posted.
Message 3 of 10 (6,388 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Pinhash

Yeah, your graphics card look alright.

Question, is the C: drive where you have windows installed?
If so, you need to free up space, now. You should have at least 15-20% free space on your drives, and the one with windows is the most important. If you have windows on one of the others, that's better, but you should still free the C: drive up so that programs installed there can run more smoothly.

For the game:

Open your Origin client and go to My Game Library, right-click The Sims 4 and choose Repair.

Originrepairgame.PNG

Turn of Origin In-Game (do as above, choose Game properties)

Run the game in Windowed mode.

Message 4 of 10 (6,376 Views)

★★★ Novice
I had the game installed on my External Hard Drive, and for a long time it ran smoothly, only after a few months, that happenef.
I have more than 50% of the External Hard Drive free, and the game does not run.
Message 5 of 10 (6,367 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Pinhash

It does not matter where you have the game installed if your windows might have problems running. I asked about Windows, not the game Standard smile

Either way, make sure you have at least 15% free space on your C: drive, but more like 20%.

I also gave you three tips to try out to solve the problem with the game, did you try any of them? Standard smile

Message 6 of 10 (6,360 Views)

★★★ Novice
The only one that i havent tried is repairing, i will do that as soon as possible and report back.
Message 7 of 10 (6,357 Views)

★★★ Novice
Done it all, its still not running.
Message 8 of 10 (6,346 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Pinhash  Right now your system can not create the temp files that are needed to run some applications (games). If you don't understand why this is you need to get a large enough system storage device where you don't have to worry about free space on the system device. Your system only has 6.1Gb of free space on the system device. The page file is 12Gb - there is not enough free space on your system to manage virtual memory and we haven't even considered the creation of other temp files that are required for the normal running of your computer. I have posted many times about systems configured like yours. You installed the game to your data drive so the game core files do not benefit from the ssd. So your computer boots a little faster then mine - I get an extra sip of coffee while my computer boots. Your computer is crashing applications because several games can't run correctly. Eventually the operating system will become corrupt and you'll have to regen the system device until you run out of memory again and you'll have to do it all over again. A casual Windows user can not run a system with a 120Gb system device with out running into issues probably more sooner then later.

Message 9 of 10 (6,342 Views)

★★★ Novice
I had my pc cleaned up before and installed the sims 4, it still couldn't run it, i have it installed right now on an external drive, i dont understand where the problem is, do i have to free more space on my (CStandard smile?
Message 10 of 10 (6,301 Views)