My TS4 game completely reset?

by Madisonlolza

Original Post

My TS4 game completely reset?

★★★ Newbie

So I was playing earlier on one of my save games and went to my computers desktop for a second to google something (I minimised the sims) and had a message from OneDrive telling me that it couldn't find my Sims save games or something. I just clicked the button telling it to try again and the window went away. Anyways I went off the sims sometime later and went back on just before and now its acting as if I've just launched the game for the first time. All of my save games are gone. I think it has something to do with OneDrive but I have no idea how to fix it. Please help? 

Message 1 of 6 (285 Views)

Re: My TS4 game completely reset?

Hero (Retired)

@Madisonlolza  If you do not use OneDrive I recommend disabling it. If you need OneDrive to sync files with another computere(s) you have to configure OneDrive not to sync the Sims 3 folder in your documents folder. Microsoft keeps making harder and harder to deactivate OneDrive but it can be done.

hth

Message 2 of 6 (266 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks, I deactivated one drive but unfortunately my save files are still gone. Frown 

Message 3 of 6 (249 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Madisonlolza  right click on the desktop onedrive icon - more - open file location. Your files may be there.

Message 4 of 6 (243 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I'm sorry, I didn't clarify properly. My save files are there if I go into documents, but they're not there in game. If it can't be solved I'll be bummed but at least I can try to back up my files for next time Standard smile

Message 5 of 6 (233 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Madisonlolza  Where are you finding the files? How OneDrive works is it "moves" the files to another location to be copied into Microsoft cloud. At this point the game will not be able to find these files and act as the game is starting as new. My guess why it is done like this is because open files can not be copied and the copy procedure will error and the files can not be synced. There has been some success recovering the game files in finding where OneDrive moves the files and copying them back to the user data folder.

Message 6 of 6 (227 Views)