My Sims4 pets go missing and brake!

by RosiedroidYT

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My Sims4 pets go missing and brake!

★★★ Novice

When playing Sims 4 my pet went missing and when it returned it was grayed out I had another pet had ran away at the time too.The pet that had already come back had got sick so I took it to the vet and I could not check it in and then the other pet returned after I had relaunched the game. I wanted to give the pet a bath but I could not as it would show no pets needed to be cleaned when I had clicked on the bath to get the option to bathe pet I had reset the objects with debug debugged both pets and I could still not interact I repaired the game hoping it would work but it sadly did not. I am out of ideas what to do! Also both pets were grayed out and could not fill there needs I could only ask whats wrong etc. etc.  Devil  Both are cats

Message 1 of 5 (11,109 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My Sims4 pets go missing and brake!

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@RosiedroidYT

Hi!
There is a bug where, if you leave the game while your pet is missing, they won't >really< come back when they come back.
There's a workaround-fix, where if they run away again, and you make sure not to leave the game, and they come back, they will come back for real. But you will have to have them run away again. 

You can read more about it here and what people tried to do to fix it! Standard smile
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Pet-still-missing-after-returning-home/m-p/6482683

Can be moved by a moderator to The Sims 4 - Technical issues, or merged with the bug above

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (11,196 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@RosiedroidYT

Hi!
There is a bug where, if you leave the game while your pet is missing, they won't >really< come back when they come back.
There's a workaround-fix, where if they run away again, and you make sure not to leave the game, and they come back, they will come back for real. But you will have to have them run away again. 

You can read more about it here and what people tried to do to fix it! Standard smile
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Pet-still-missing-after-returning-home/m-p/6482683

Can be moved by a moderator to The Sims 4 - Technical issues, or merged with the bug above

Message 2 of 5 (11,197 Views)

★★★ Novice
Thank you for telling me! I hope this will work
Message 3 of 5 (11,020 Views)

★ Novice

About your cats being frayed out that’s happened with my dogs on sims4 they will be greyed out for atleast 72hours sim life 

Message 4 of 5 (9,852 Views)

Community Manager
Thanks for adding that @Happyhead900. Standard smile

Locking thread here as it's a bit of an oldie. Please feel free to open a new/current thread if the advice in this thread hasn't helped.

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 5 of 5 (9,828 Views)