My Sims won't do what I ask them to do

by MagsKennedy22

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My Sims won't do what I ask them to do

★ Novice

Hey guys, so I've trying to play sims for the past couple weeks and it's been basically impossible. The game is super slow, and that doesn't even bother me that much just because it was always like this, my pc is not that good so yeah, but now my sims won't even do what I want, like eating, taking a shower, do basic stuff, the action appears and disappears. It's impossible to play because they are starving even though I'm asking them to eat, Idk what to do anymore, I've gone through my CC and nothing has changed since the last time (when it was working okay), I don't play as much as I would like to because it's simply impossible to do it like this, Please can someone help me??

Message 1 of 4 (834 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My Sims won't do what I ask them to do

@MagsKennedy22  You didn't do anything wrong.  This was to be expected, as I mentioned:

Since you're copying rather than moving the file, you don't need to worry about missing custom content—the original save will be intact while you experiment on a spare copy.

The point was to see whether the new save ran okay with no mods or custom content at all.  Does it?  If so, then you can start adding back your mods and cc in batches, testing each time.  If and when the problem comes back, you'll know that the cause is something in the last batch you added, and you can split it and retest until you've found the problem file.

Each time you test, you can quit without saving so your progress with all your cc missing doesn't get saved.  So then each time you load the save fresh, whatever cc you've added back will appear on the sims that used it.  If you've already saved with no cc present, delete this save and copy over the original again.

Please also update the driver for your Nvidia graphics card, in fact do that before anything else.  You can get the newest driver here:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/193298/en-us/

Run the installer as an admin: right-click on the download and select "Run as administrator."  Restart your computer after installing and before trying to play.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (663 Views)

All Replies

@MagsKennedy22  Please test a new save in a clean user folder, just to set a baseline for performance.  Move the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  (Your saves and other content will be intact in the folder you've moved but temporarily not read by the game.)  Don't add anything to the new folder yet; just see how a new save runs.  Please test in one of the base game worlds.

If the new save runs well, you can copy over one of your existing saves, but don't add anything else, at least not yet.  Since you're copying rather than moving the file, you don't need to worry about missing custom content—the original save will be intact while you experiment on a spare copy.  Please let me know how this save runs as well.

If the game lags even when you're playing a new save in a clean folder, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 2 of 4 (806 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@puzzlezaddictHello, so I did what you told me: (Please test a new save in a clean user folder, just to set a baseline for performance. Move the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.) And that new save worked really smooth no bugs no anything. Then I tried to do the second thing: If the new save runs well, you can copy over one of your existing saves, but don't add anything else, at least not yet. But all the CC disappeared and I've been playing for 7 generations and I use a lot of CC so everything was a bit ruined. I don't know what I did wrong.

They Dxdiag is also saved here

I need more help Frown

Message 3 of 4 (676 Views)

@MagsKennedy22  You didn't do anything wrong.  This was to be expected, as I mentioned:

Since you're copying rather than moving the file, you don't need to worry about missing custom content—the original save will be intact while you experiment on a spare copy.

The point was to see whether the new save ran okay with no mods or custom content at all.  Does it?  If so, then you can start adding back your mods and cc in batches, testing each time.  If and when the problem comes back, you'll know that the cause is something in the last batch you added, and you can split it and retest until you've found the problem file.

Each time you test, you can quit without saving so your progress with all your cc missing doesn't get saved.  So then each time you load the save fresh, whatever cc you've added back will appear on the sims that used it.  If you've already saved with no cc present, delete this save and copy over the original again.

Please also update the driver for your Nvidia graphics card, in fact do that before anything else.  You can get the newest driver here:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/193298/en-us/

Run the installer as an admin: right-click on the download and select "Run as administrator."  Restart your computer after installing and before trying to play.

Message 4 of 4 (664 Views)