Re: My Sims game is running really slow, and got really bad graphics.

by Phantomlover1717

Original Post

My Sims game is running really slow, and got really bad graphics.

★★ Novice

I've not long got a new computer, running Windows 10. I don't know what any of the other specs are, not a great computer genius. But i've got the Sims 4 and it used to run so well on my last laptop, also Windows, recommended specs for TS4, but it's playing very slow, laggy, keeps freezing and the graphics are horrible. I don't know much about finding out my specs and the whole posting my DxDiag, so if anybody could help, I'll be more than willing to give you information you need to help me fix this issue. I have around 1800 mods, and I really don't fancy figuring out which one could be corrupting my gameplay, but they're the exact same as what I had on my laptop beforehand. I have the Get to Work, City Living ep's, and the Vampires gp. My graphics look amazing in CAS but in gameplay, it's horrible and fuzzy. My graphics are on the medium settings, same as my old computer, and the graphics looked so much better. Thanks for the help Standard smile

Message 1 of 7 (632 Views)

Could you test the game without your mods folder in?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 7 (624 Views)

★★ Novice

Sure I'll try, I doubt it'll do much but if it possibly fixes it, i'm all up for it Standard smile

Message 3 of 7 (619 Views)

★★ Novice

I've run TS4, the graphics look much, much better, but my game is still agonisingly slow, it shut off by itself.

Message 4 of 7 (603 Views)

Could you post a DxDiag? This gives us a bit more information into your system and what is going on.
Feel free to delete any personal information like the 'machine name'. You can attach the DxDiag to your next reply in this post.
You can read about how to gather your DxDiag over here:
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/ 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 5 of 7 (580 Views)

★★ Novice

Here it is Standard smile

Message 6 of 7 (573 Views)

Your computer isn't strong enough to run the Sims 4, it's amazing it's running. But your computer could do with an upgrade. 

But having bad graphics and slow game play would be to expected with this computer. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 7 of 7 (547 Views)