My Sims can't travel without my game shutting down

by HawnaKitty

Original Post

My Sims can't travel without my game shutting down

★★ Guide

Hi,

My name is Wanda and I've been playing the Sims since it first came out. I've never had any real issues until now. When my Sim travels in Sims 4 I get the message "Sims has stopped working." This started happening 3 updates ago. I  never had a problem like this before. I have contacted sites and have contacted groups on Twitter and contacted gurus but no one will reply to me. Is this something EA believes cannot be fixed so they are avoiding my question? Who do I talk to that will help me with my issue? I've paid a fortune in buying the Sims and now I can't get anyone to help. I've found some things to try online and I've tried them all but it still happens. I have deleted the Sims games on my computer twice and reloaded the games. I'm at a loss and I really need help but so far finding that help has been impossible

Message 1 of 7 (533 Views)

Re: My Sims can't travel without my game shutting down

@HawnaKitty  Does your computer run Windows or macOS?  I can move your post to the relevant Sims 4 section.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 7 (513 Views)

★★ Guide

My computer runs on Windows. It would be awesome if you could direct mt question to someone you think may help.

Thank you so much

Message 3 of 7 (497 Views)

@HawnaKitty  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 PC tech forum.  It would be helpful if you could run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Hopefully someone will know how to address the issue, but a dxdiag is always a good place to start.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 7 (478 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@HawnaKitty

Do I understand correctly that you have deleted the entire game folder in Documents? Have you deleted all your old saves, mods, library and so on? And after reinstalling the game, in this newly created, virgin and empty game folder ( without old saves, old library and of course without mods) after starting a new game you still have the same error?
If yes - then it isn't a game problem but it is a problem with your computer.
Please run a DxDiag as was asking above and post here

I don't work for EA
Message 5 of 7 (456 Views)

★★ Guide

Thank you so much for all your help. I'll send the information to the url you provided Standard smile

Message 6 of 7 (435 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@HawnaKitty 

I know from you that you still have a current game folder in the Documents. I assume that you have Win10 system.
Go to the Documents inside will be The Sims4 folder.
Path to this folder :
Users/User/Documents/Electronic Arts /The SIms4
Click on "This PC"
then click on your C Drive, which looks like this for example -- Acer ( C : ) (Without spaces) --
If you've clicked on it, then you'll see a bunch of folders, Some with program files, etc..
Click on the folder that says 'Users'
then once you've done that, click on the one folder that has your PC's name on it, then click on Documents after the PC's named folder, once you've also done that you'll be directed to some more folders, Click on Electronic Arts then Sims 4
Don't forget this path. You will need it.

Now rename The Sims4 game folder to "The Sims4 old" - right-click on the name of this folder - option "rename"
Now try to launch the game. Start a new game with random sim and try to travel with him.
If it will work we will try in another way rescue your old saves (We will move your saves and library to this new folder but first check if this error has disappeared in your game)

Message 7 of 7 (422 Views)