Re: My Sims can't move to University world

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

My Sims can't move to University world

★★★ Newbie

Please help, i dont know what to do with my The Sims 3. So I send my sim's couple together to University. But when the loading screen is over, the couple icon that should be exist in left corener is gone and I can't move in them. I don't know what to do, I just save it and back to main menu. When come back, icon of family that I played is blank of family's photo. What I can to do to save this?

Message 1 of 2 (387 Views)

Re: My Sims can't move to University world

@ftm_zahroh  From your description, the travel attempt failed, and the game lost some critical data along the way.  This isn't uncommon—the travel transition is delicate and prone to errors.  There are steps you can take to increase its odds of success, but you'd need to start with a copy of the save from before your sims traveled.

The save you made is corrupt now, and there isn't much point in trying to recover it.  If you have a backup save, use that instead.  Even if you don't, the game keeps the files from the second to last time you saved, so you can try to load that instead.  Go into Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves, and you'll see a folder for each save you have, plus one backup for each.  So if your save is called SunsetValley, the current save folder will be SunsetValley.sims3, and the backup will be SunsetValley.sims3.backup.  Delete the .backup extension and rename the folder (e.g. SunsetValley1.sims3), and you'll be able to load it from the Main Menu.

If your backup save is also corrupted, then there isn't a lot you can do.  But let me know if you'd like to try, and I can describe how to manipulate the files within the save folder to try to recover your sims.

Hopefully though, your backup save will be from before your sims traveled.  The goal then is to decrease the stress on the game engine as much as possible, so the travel transition has the greatest chance of succeeding.  Here's how:

• Empty your sims' inventories as much as possible.  A few items is fine; a hundred is not.
  • Use "save as" to rename the save, then quit (without saving) immediately before you want to travel.
  • Load the game just to the Main Menu.  Turn off memories, the in-game shopping experience, and the hidden object interactive loading screens.
  • Lower all the graphics settings to the minimum.  (You can revert to your normal settings after the travel transition.)  Now quit the game again, without loading a save.
  • Delete the five cache files in your game folder in Documents: CASPartCache, compositorCache, scriptCache, simCompositorCache, and socialCache.
  • Empty out everything in FeaturedItems as well.
  • If you play through Origin, sign in and then put Origin in offline mode.  Now disconnect your computer from the internet—turn off wifi and/or pull the ethernet cord.
  • Now launch your game, load the save, and send your sims to the future right away, as soon as the game clock starts moving forward.

Once your sims arrive safely, use "save as" to rename the save (so you still have a backup if you need it), then quit without saving and delete the cache files again.  Then you can revert your graphics setting to whatever you were using before and go back to playing.  It's best to leave the other options off though.  When it's time to send the sims home from University, the same principle applies—you'll need to do everything you can to lower stress on the game engine so that the return trip has a chance of succeeding.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (376 Views)