Re: My Sims are immortal, help

by S0l4rFire

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My Sims are immortal, help

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

So, I've been playing on a world since February, the life span has been set to long, so I've only gone 5 generations, and every time a child turns into a young adult, I have them move out and start their own household and never play as the last household again. However, some of my older Sims are still alive, and what's strange is that one of my 2nd gen Sims died, but my 1st gen Sims are still alive. So far, every older Sim, including the one that died, has the "Long Lived" trait, but don't have the "Active" trait. Is having a long lifespan plus the "Long Lived" trait really making their lives that much longer? Mind you, I'm in my 5th generation, and they're still somehow breathing. I think it's a bug since I don't play as them anymore, so maybe I have to be there for them to die, but I didn't have to do that to the other Sim who died. I even tried marking them as "unplayed" for a good while, and that didn't do anything. I'm just curious if they are going to die soon, because I don't want to have to force kill them if they were gonna die automatically.

Edit: They are not vampires either, that would be ridiculous

Message 1 of 7 (1,157 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

Alas, it has long been awaited, my first Sims have finally died of Old Age. As it turns out, they are not immortal, they just live for a VERY long time.

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (1,081 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

I have had some long'lived sims live ridiculously long even on the regular length lifespan - you can't tell when their time is coming because the bar will be full and they just seem to live forever - they did eventually die though - the long life span is quite a bit longer than average I think - so it probably isn't a glitch (my guess).

Message 2 of 7 (1,143 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I just find it super strange how one of my "Long Lived" Sims died before their parents did, who also have the same trait, although I could be wrong, it's been a while since I've played any of those households, so I don't exactly remember what they achieved, but I am certain the first few Sims have "Long Lived".

Message 3 of 7 (1,140 Views)

★ Novice
I think it randomly assigns how many extra days they get when they age up.
Message 4 of 7 (1,123 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Alas, it has long been awaited, my first Sims have finally died of Old Age. As it turns out, they are not immortal, they just live for a VERY long time.

Message 5 of 7 (1,082 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I've been playing the same save since November- even after transferring my game to a new pc- and some NPCs who were older than my legacy founders are still alive- elders but still kicking- while I'm on third generation and going into fourth. I think I'll have to start over, which blows because this is the first time in almost a year that I'm having fun and enjoying the game.

Message 6 of 7 (937 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @HillyPlays I'm going to lock this thread as it is quite old.

If having an issue then please create a new thread with as much info as possible.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 7 of 7 (905 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help