My Sims 4 won’t stop showing me a blank screen.

by aliotonda

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My Sims 4 won’t stop showing me a blank screen.

★ Novice

I’ve checked for updates and repaired it to see if that will fix it, which it didn’t. It still plays the sounds from the game and the cursor still shows I can click things but won’t show me what. Please help! *proof down below*

Message 1 of 3 (215 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My Sims 4 won’t stop showing me a blank screen.

@aliotonda  Try disabling Origin in-game: hover over your username, select Application Settings, then the Origin in-game header, and disable the option at the top.

If that doesn't help, please move your entire Sims 4 user data folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just see whether you can load a new save and play for a bit.  Let me know either way.

If you can't load a new save in a clean folder, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (185 Views)

All Replies

@aliotonda  Try disabling Origin in-game: hover over your username, select Application Settings, then the Origin in-game header, and disable the option at the top.

If that doesn't help, please move your entire Sims 4 user data folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just see whether you can load a new save and play for a bit.  Let me know either way.

If you can't load a new save in a clean folder, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (186 Views)

★ Novice

The first option worked!!! Thank you very much for your help!

Message 3 of 3 (144 Views)