My Sims 4 won't launch!

by shadynike

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My Sims 4 won't launch!

★★ Novice

I purchased the Sims 4 after Christmas. Most things were going fine, but my game would occasionally start to crash on launch. I googled it and YouTube helped out the first two times, but I tried the previous method and it didn't work this time.

I'll open Origin and everything will be fine but the moment I click 'Play' underneath the game, the screen becomes black for a second and I end up back on my desktop. When I hover over the taskbar icon, the window is completely white. If I try to click on it again, the black screen thing repeats.

I'm using cc and mods in my game. The first two times I removed them, updated & repaired and everything was back to normal.

I used a mod conflict detector and I removed all dodgy files. That didn't work. I've reinstalled the game four times (I'm pretty desperate right now) and it hasn't worked.

Here's a pastebin to my DxDiag if you need it: https://pastebin.com/AKf58Gv8

Thanks in advance Standard smile

Message 1 of 2 (318 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My Sims 4 won't launch!

★★ Novice

So happy bc I figure it out (these steps are for Windows 10 only)

1. Open the Start menu and search for msconfig.
  2. Click on System Configuration.
  3. Click the Services tab.
  4. Check the box to Hide all Microsoft Services, then click the Disable All button.
  5. Click on the Startup tab, then click on Open Task Manager.
  6. Click each of the Startup programs in the list then click the Disable button.
  7. Close the Task Manager window.
  8. Click OK on the System Configuration window to save your changes, then restart your computer.
  9. Once you restart your computer, try launching your game again.

Hope this helps!

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (365 Views)

All Replies

Re: My Sims 4 won't launch!

★★ Novice

So happy bc I figure it out (these steps are for Windows 10 only)

1. Open the Start menu and search for msconfig.
  2. Click on System Configuration.
  3. Click the Services tab.
  4. Check the box to Hide all Microsoft Services, then click the Disable All button.
  5. Click on the Startup tab, then click on Open Task Manager.
  6. Click each of the Startup programs in the list then click the Disable button.
  7. Close the Task Manager window.
  8. Click OK on the System Configuration window to save your changes, then restart your computer.
  9. Once you restart your computer, try launching your game again.

Hope this helps!

Message 2 of 2 (366 Views)