My Sims 4 won't connect to the Internet .

by sydneytboyd

Original Post

Re: My Sims 4 won't connect to the Internet .

★★★ Newbie

I didn't purchase my sims 4 game from origin so that may be the reason mine won't connect but on my game I hit connect it just says connecting for ages and ages and ages and then I have to click offline so someone please HELP ME

Message 11 of 18 (2,836 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I had this problem too and found a fix, which may not be the best for you: that is using an Ethernet cable (wired Internet). It connects to your router and into your computer. I hope it helps! Standard smile

Message 12 of 18 (2,811 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How do you do that?

like how do you add the ant-virus thing or firewall?

Message 13 of 18 (2,723 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was just now having the same problems. I went ahead and did all what was recommended and nothing worked.  So I did go ahead and right clocked to update in origin and then I right clocked the tile for the sims 4 in origin and clocked repair.  It takes a few minutes but it worked for me.  

Message 14 of 18 (1,789 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@plp103084 
.Today everyone has the same problem. The connection to the server is being repaired but no one knows when it will be successfully finally done.

I don't work for EA

Message 15 of 18 (1,781 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi I where did you go again to get the game working? I'm stuck 

Message 16 of 18 (1,002 Views)

★ Novice

Origin > My Game Library > Gadget Symbol (below the orange rectangular play button) > Repair. 

Took 30-40 minutes on my pc, it's kind of old so it might go much faster. It fixed the internet connection error for me. 

Message 17 of 18 (691 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, I'm going to lock this thread as it is quite old.

If having an issue then please create a new thread with as much info as possible.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 18 of 18 (676 Views)