My Sims 4 progress has been deleted and my CC is not working.

by dogtiers

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My Sims 4 progress has been deleted and my CC is not working.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Sul Sul!

So, today I've been trying to open TS4, however, it would not open. I put the Sims 4 file onto my desktop, and it worked, but all of my progress was deleted. My Sims 4 CC is also not working. I've deleted the CC, and I'll attempt to re-download it, but how do I get all of my save files and saved households back? I've been trying to repair it, however that wouldn't work.

Thanks for your help in advance! Heart

Message 1 of 4 (542 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My Sims 4 progress has been deleted and my CC is not working.

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@dogtiers

The first step you have done right.
When you turned on the game a second, virgin game folder was created and now you have two game folders. One old on the desktop and second, newly created in Documents,
What now?
.Delete in the new game folder following folders:
"saves" and Tray.
Go to "the desktop folder" and copy - your old "saves " folder.
Paste this folder in a newly created game folder. Do the same with Tray folder and TrayDeleteItems file
Then check if your new game is working with old saves folder.
Next:
Check if there are newly updated version mods you are using.
Then copy and paste your mods and CC from old mods folder to the new one. First copy the scripts mods every time checking if the game is working properly. If you have a lot of CC try 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)

If all will work delete this old folder from the desktop. Now you will have only one game folder working properly.

I don't work for EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (526 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@dogtiers

The first step you have done right.
When you turned on the game a second, virgin game folder was created and now you have two game folders. One old on the desktop and second, newly created in Documents,
What now?
.Delete in the new game folder following folders:
"saves" and Tray.
Go to "the desktop folder" and copy - your old "saves " folder.
Paste this folder in a newly created game folder. Do the same with Tray folder and TrayDeleteItems file
Then check if your new game is working with old saves folder.
Next:
Check if there are newly updated version mods you are using.
Then copy and paste your mods and CC from old mods folder to the new one. First copy the scripts mods every time checking if the game is working properly. If you have a lot of CC try 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)

If all will work delete this old folder from the desktop. Now you will have only one game folder working properly.

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 4 (527 Views)

★★ Novice

Well, I got the progress back. The CC, not so much..

Message 3 of 4 (513 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@dogtiers

Try to get a new CC - look for a really new one. Maybe this one what you have are outdated after the last patch? After each patch, most scripts mods and a large part of CC become incompatible with the game and you need to replace it or delete.
Be sure you have turned on mods/CC in the option of the game.
Message 4 of 4 (505 Views)