Re: My Sims 4 game won't stop crashing!

by kma9131

Original Post

My Sims 4 game won't stop crashing!

★★★ Novice

My game is continually crashing. Before, it was just when I was trying to save and randomly did it once. It had been working fine for hours before that. And afterwards whenever I tried to save, it crashed. I tried repairing the game, updated my computer and removed all CC and now it crashes or says  "The game failed to load - Error code 122". What the * is going on?!?

Message 1 of 8 (566 Views)

Hero
@kma9131 What's the full error code you're getting (first two blocks) ?

Does the game actually close or just go back to the map with that error ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (559 Views)

★★★ Novice

At first it was just crashing. And now it's doing this error code and going back to the map. Give me a minute and I'll grab a pic of the full error message.

Message 3 of 8 (552 Views)

★★★ Novice

Here's the message I'm getting.

Message 4 of 8 (542 Views)

Hero
@kma9131 That's this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-Error-102-122-324a2e8e-165e3fa7/m-p/9169925

It's a known error. What I don't know is if the crashing is related.

If you start a fresh save for testing purposes (don't delete the old), does the game still crash ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (507 Views)

★★★ Novice

I didn't try a new game, but I did put in and older version of my save file and the error notice didn't come up for this one. However, it did still crash after a while. I'm so confused by this.

Message 6 of 8 (433 Views)

Hero
@kma9131 Would be good if you could try a new one to see if the crashing is related to your save or a general issue.

Do you have any lastcrash.txt files you could upload ?
Either create a .rar file and upload that or c/p the content to a post within spoiler tags

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (409 Views)

★★★ Novice

I actually had to take my computer in to get fixed yesterday. I believe he said the driver was faulty and is replacing it with an SSD. I should have it back in a few days and then I can upload it. He also said it may be the reason my game is crashing. Planet Zoo also crashed when I tried to load it so I'm seriously hoping this just solves everything. Fingers crossed and I'll let you know in a couple days.

Message 8 of 8 (380 Views)