My Sims 4 game won't load

by PoppySweetKitty1

Original Post

My Sims 4 game won't load

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello. Ever since I have had The Sims 4 (over 2 years), it has been incredibly difficult to load the game. When I first got The Sims 4, I had no mods or custom content, and it still did this. Basically, in short, I click play on origin and it comes up with the Sims 4 logo and then after a while a white screen. It then minimises to a tiny screen shown here.SIMS NOT WORKING.PNGThere's nothing underneath it and if I click the middle button, it takes me to a white screen that doesn't do anything. I have left it on that screen for hours on end before to see if it would do anything and it does not. I've clicked the white screen repeatedly to see if anything will load (stupid I know but I get angry so.... ). After you maximise it to the white screen, the only way to get the screen off is to shut down my PC and then turn it back on again. The only way to get it off when it's minimised is spam the X button until it tells me that Sims 4 is not responding and then turns off itself. There is no way to avoid this, it's just luck. Every once in a while it loads like a normal sims game, but it usually takes me hours to get to that point. Also, I have checked on DxDiag and it says that there aren't any problems with my PC. I don't think it's to do with Sims because I have used my account on my stepbrother's computer and it has worked perfectly fine, so I don't think there is much anyone from EA can do about it, but seen as though I've been enduring this for over two years now, I thought it would be worth a try. Thank you for your time and please help me out. I spend more time loading up the game than I do playing it. 

Message 1 of 4 (275 Views)

Re: My Sims 4 game won't load

@PoppySweetKitty1  Try disabling Origin in-game: hover over your username, select Application Settings, then the Origin in-game header, and disable the option at the top.

If that doesn't help, I'd like to see the dxdiag, in case there are any obvious reasons why Sims 4 might not be working.  You can attach it to a post.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (264 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I don't know if you can see the file I've linked because I don't know how to link it properly. It might be linked but I don't know. Also, I tried the origin in-game thing that you suggested and it has not helped. Thank you though x

Message 3 of 4 (258 Views)

@PoppySweetKitty1  Yes, I can see the dxdiag.  There's nothing clearly wrong in your dxdiag, although your computer's hardware is quite weak for Sims 4.  You should still be able to load the game though.

Please try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.  Then try to play again; you can open the Task Manager and End Task if the game hangs for more than a couple minutes.

If that doesn't work, please move your entire Sims 4 user data folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to this folder yet; just see whether you can start a new save and play for a bit.  Let me know either way.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (248 Views)