My Sims 4 game won't Launch.

by Camwilly14

Original Post

My Sims 4 game won't Launch.

★★ Novice

I've been trying to open my sims 4 game for a couple of days now, but it just takes me to my Origin Library. I look at the files in my documents folder to see if anything is wrong and half my files are missing. I tried repairing my game, ,making a backup and the file reset itself, uninstall both Origin and Sims 4, and reset my whole PC, but when I install the game again my files are still missing. Is there anything that could possibly help or am I just screwed?

Message 1 of 8 (326 Views)

Re: My Sims 4 game won't Launch.

@Camwilly14  Please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Please also let me know what antivirus you use.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 8 (297 Views)

★★ Novice

I use the antivirus that comes with Windows 10.

Message 3 of 8 (271 Views)

@Camwilly14  The driver for your graphics card is crashing over and over and taking Sims 4 down with it.  Your current driver is a few years old, but you can get a current one directly from Nvidia:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/177774/en-us

Run the installer as an admin: right-click on the download and select "Run as administrator."  Choose the custom route and the option to "perform a clean install."  Restart your computer when you're done.

By the way, you'll get better performance if you plug your monitor directly into the graphics card rather than into the motherboard.  This is a diagram I like to borrow from someone else:

GPU port.jpg

Message 4 of 8 (255 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried installing the NVIDIA Driver but it says its not compatible with my version of Windows.

Message 5 of 8 (242 Views)

@Camwilly14  The driver is definitely compatible with your version of Windows, so something else is going on.  Try running a couple of basic checks of your Windows system files:

• Hit Windows key-X
  • Choose either “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator),” whichever option is offered
  • Inside the window that appears, copy and paste “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • The system will start validating soon. If it throws an error, please list it here
  • After it reaches 100%, hit Windows key-X again
  • Again, choose “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator)”
  • Inside the window, copy and paste “sfc /scannow” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • Post the message you receive here

If sfc reports that it found corrupt files and was unable to repair some of them, stop here and let me know.  Otherwise, please restart your computer, hit Windows key-i, select Update & Security, and click the box to check for updates.  If anything installs, restart again when it's done.

Now try to install the driver again.  If you get another error, let mek now.

Message 6 of 8 (239 Views)

★★ Novice

It says could not find compatible graphics hardware.

Message 7 of 8 (215 Views)

@Camwilly14  Have you plugged the monitor into the graphics card (and restarted your computer) yet?  It shouldn't make a difference, but just in case, please do that and then try again to install the driver.

If that doesn't work, let's see whether Windows can find a newer driver that it thinks is compatible.  Hit Windows key-X, choose the Device Manager, expand the Display adapters section, click on the Nvidia 730, and click the black and green Update button at the top of the window.  If Windows can find a newer driver, it should automatically install it.  Restart again afterwards.

Message 8 of 8 (178 Views)