My Sims 4 game keeps going to Origin when it’s being launched

by ladyjoym

Original Post

Re: My Sims 4 game keeps going to Origin when it’s being launched

@ladyjoym  Glad to hear it worked.

@Vrennia  Please look for related errors in the Reliability Monitor.  Hit Windows key-R and enter "perfmon /rel" without quotes.  You'll see a list of errors and updates, with a column for each day.  (Today is all the way on the right.)

For any errors that mention Origin or Sims 4, or any that happened when you tried to launch the game, click "View technical details," then copy the information and paste it into a reply here.  Sometimes the Reliability Monitor doesn't update right away, so if you don't see any related errors, be sure to check back an hour or two.  The timestamp on the initial chart can also be off by up to an hour, so that's not an entirely reliable metric, but the one within the technical details should be accurate.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 11 of 32 (355 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict Here's my info (it's in French, sorry for the inconvenience, I didn't want to translate and mess it up haha!):

Description
Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : C:\Program Files\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin_LE\TS4.exe

Signature du problème
Nom d’événement du problème : APPCRASH
Nom de l’application: TS4.exe
Version de l’application: 1.77.131.1530
Horodatage de l’application: 606dfeaa
Nom du module par défaut: ntdll.dll
Version du module par défaut: 6.1.7601.24384
Horodateur du module par défaut: 5c6e21eb
Code de l’exception: c0000005
Décalage de l’exception: 00031d86
Version du système: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Identificateur de paramètres régionaux: 2057
Information supplémentaire n° 1: 0a9e
Information supplémentaire n° 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Information supplémentaire n° 3: 0a9e
Information supplémentaire n° 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Informations complémentaires sur le problème
ID du récipient : 950797056

Message 12 of 32 (344 Views)

@Vrennia  The French is not an issue: the important information is easy to find in any language.  Unfortunately, I don't know of a way to fix this error.  I've tried before and been totally unsuccessful, and no one else has reported solving it.

If you want to try a few things, these are the suggesitons I posted for the last person with the same error:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/My-legacy-edition-doesnt-work/m-p/10514370#M219683

I'm not sure whether your computer would support Windows 10 though; if you're considering it, let me know, and I'll check.

Message 13 of 32 (331 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you very much for the info! If it doesn't work, I might just reset my PC as I've been wanting to do so. Again, your help is very appreciated! x

Message 14 of 32 (328 Views)

★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict I might upgrade to windows 10 if possible, if that is okay, can you check? I have my most important files backed up on my Google Drive, so I do not mind a clean boot.

Message 15 of 32 (323 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Vrennia  I asked for a second opinion on this, and your laptop would probably not be fully compatible with Windows 10.  HP doesn't offer Windows 10 drivers for your model, so you'd need to manually search for and find the necessary drivers yourself.  But there might not even be Windows 10 drivers for some devices, and drivers meant for Windows 7 or 8.1 could easily be incompatible enough to affect everyday use.

If you want to reset your laptop and install Windows 7 fresh anyway, it's worth a shot, but there's no guarantee that will fix the Sims 4 problem either.  On the other hand, if you were going to wipe your system anyway, installing Windows 10 wouldn't be a huge risk: if it doesn't run well, you go back to 7 the same way you would have otherwise.

I'm sorry, but I don't know of a good solution for you.

Message 16 of 32 (307 Views)

★★ Novice

Oh don't worry about it! Again the help is very appreciated. Thank you very much.

Message 17 of 32 (302 Views)

@Vrennia  You might have a Windows 10 compatibility checker on your laptop: many Windows 7 machines do.  There's no harm in running it and seeing what it says.

Message 18 of 32 (299 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict I don't think I have the compatibility checker, also I do find this ordeal weird in general. Because back in January (last time I launched the game), it was working perfectly fine, I had no issue, in fact it ran very smoothly and I never crashed. Is it perhaps because of a patch or a Legacy Edition glitch? It happened so suddenly after installing a few mods but after research I realized that wasn't the issue, actually the game is installed on my PC but I have no "Electronic Arts" folder in my documents. I'm just confused, I'll try going to a technician's and see if I can find any x64 bit processors or if I could update to Windows 10.

Message 19 of 32 (289 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you so much Sir.

I’m sorry again to disturb but I noticed that once it opens, once the Sims 4 logo is presented, it trips off. What do you think I should do, please?

Message 20 of 32 (265 Views)