Re: My Sims 4 game just won’t open in 64bit

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

My Sims 4 game just won’t open in 64bit

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

A couple days ago I tried to open my sims game and got a weird message saying a file was missing from my dynamic link library.

I hadn’t done anything to the game other than playing offline since I just moved and didn’t have wifi until Tuesday.

I’ve restarted my computer, taken out my mods and saves and everything, uninstalled the game then reinstalled it, repaired it, updated my computer completely, reinstalled origin itself, I’ve tried just about everything I can think of and I just can’t get it to work.

My brother is pretty good with computers so I had him come and look at it and he got it working but only in 32bit, which when I tried to open my saves all my sims got old and bjorn bjergsen died in my basement (probably because mc command center presumably doesn’t work with 32bit)

I really just want to get back to playing my game, just about anything you could offer I’d love to try.

This is the message I keep receiving:

Message 1 of 8 (690 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@angelprincess3  Did you open Origin, right click the game icon, and try repairing the game?

Message 2 of 8 (680 Views)

★★ Novice
Spoiler

Spoiler

I tried repairing it a couple different times with no luck Frown

Message 3 of 8 (673 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Please post a DxDiag. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the txt file directly to your answer. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 8 (671 Views)

★★ Novice

This should be it

Message 5 of 8 (659 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Your Graphics is below minimum requirement for the game. You do not have much RAM. Also your CPU was not detected but I suspect that will also be on the low side. In short it is a miracle it has been able to run the game this long.

Please check for all the latest drivers for your PC and all Windows updates. See if it helps. Otherwise post the exact error message you get.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 6 of 8 (616 Views)

★★ Novice

My computer is fully updated and the error message is linked in the original post.

I'm not surprised that it might have something to do with the actual PC; I've been planning to get one actually built for gaming for a bit now, but haven't got around to it. Seems like that should be more of a priority if I want to play the game in 64bit.

At this point, if a solution isn't possible for the current PC situation, I can run it on 32 and focus on building a new PC, more equipped to run the game.

Message 7 of 8 (602 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Be aware that none of the latest Expansions can run in 32bit.

Message 8 of 8 (577 Views)