Re: My Sims 4 game fails to start (no errors)

by kbpsn34506

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem, but with a Mac. It worked when I first loaded it, but now nothing.

I bought the game yesterday, so I'm trying for a refund now. 

Does anyone have the steps to fix with Mac

Message 51 of 58 (1,474 Views)

Hero

The Mac forum is here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/bd-p/The-Sims-Mac

Has lots of good sticky threads you can read (or ask there)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 52 of 58 (1,467 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

here is what fixed my problem

open up task manager

closes everything for origin and sims

open up origin

my issue was I had an update but I was downloading a game.

all I had to do was swap the download for the update and sims was working fine after the update.

Message 53 of 58 (1,276 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same ;c

Message 54 of 58 (1,163 Views)

★ Novice

did it delete your saved sims families or mods

Message 55 of 58 (797 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having a similar problem: i click sims it redirects me to origin and the game doesn't come up, so i click play in origin and it just redirects back to origin. I have tried the solutions in this thread and NONE have worked and im really worried because i love this game and now i finally have more time to play it decides to screw up WHY ME Frown

Message 56 of 58 (760 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the exact same problem. It's 2020 and it still doesn't work. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, repaired over and over again. It worked when i last played it in the fall and now? Nothing. I have spent almost $200 on this game and I cannot play it. None of the solutions here have helped. EA PLEASE FIX YOUR GAME.

Message 57 of 58 (428 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @Miragaming37,

This is unlikely to be caused by the same factors as back then and would be best starting a new/current thread for this. Please feel free to get the ball rolling on that by opening a new one and adding more information about what you're experiencing. I'll lock this thread in the meantime to limit necroing.

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 58 of 58 (418 Views)