Re: My Sims 4 game fails to start (no errors)

by zingazingaza

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

My game isn't working either. It was doing just fine two days ago. I didn't play it after that so when I tired to play it today, NOTHING. I think it has something to do with the patch I installed. After installing the patch, I can't get access to the game. Does anyone know how to uninstall the patch? I want to at least try it to see.

Message 31 of 58 (4,940 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This worked wonders for me - thank you Standard smile

Message 32 of 58 (4,893 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know... I have the same problem and I want my money back!

Message 33 of 58 (4,862 Views)

★ Guide

Up

Message 34 of 58 (4,808 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

At this point I'm just going to reinstall Windows and if that doesn't work, I really don't know what will. 

Message 35 of 58 (4,806 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just refund the game if you can`t get it work.

don't wasty your time doing what you payed for.

Message 36 of 58 (4,799 Views)

★ Guide

Up

Message 37 of 58 (4,583 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This is in NO WAY...a satisfiable work around...or ACCEPTABLE one for many/most people, BUT I was able to get my sims to work after wiping my harddrive and doing a fresh install of windows. I only did this since I have copies of windows on hand and do it often anyways, along with backing up my files.

For me I ended up returning to Windows 8.1, specifically I upgraded from Windows 7 to 8.1

So I'm not sure what the issue was, an undectable registry or system errror? Incompatable software/driver? Something to do with Windows 7?

Message 38 of 58 (23,702 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I got the same problem like many others.My game run about 5 seconds,then shot down.I did a reinstallation of sims 4,everything seems to work and I played the game without no problems,then this morning I got the same problems ..the game start up and run 5 seconds,then close down ..Im running windows 7

Message 39 of 58 (4,154 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

http://pastebin.com/0bSFsePq

No fix?  Then I better get a refund - $70 for the equivelent of a paperweight. - I dont want to here about "try this...try this other thing..." **bleep**.  I've tried everything.

Whats next? Format hard drive, burn down house, sell all of my belongings and move to wherever EA is and play it on your machines?  This seems like FAR too much work for a $70 game...

Fix it or refund...Your two options EA/Origin/Maxis!

Message 40 of 58 (4,070 Views)