Re: My Sims 4 Keeps crashing, but my computer fits all of the system requirement

by crinrict

Original Post

My Sims 4 Keeps crashing, but my computer fits all of the system requirements

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I recently purchased a new computer and graphics card, and downloaded the Sims 4 and all of the expansion packs I had previously purchased. I do not own any mods or CC. I purchased the Dine Out pack and installed it, and shortly after, the game started crashing every time i began playing. I have tried updating it, repairing it, uninstalling and reinstalling it, and even updating my PC. I am at a loss for what to do. 

Message 1 of 12 (916 Views)

Re: My Sims 4 Keeps crashing, but my computer fits all of the system requirement

★★★★ Guide

same . hope you find a solution .Cool

Message 2 of 12 (885 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Please post a DxDiag. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the txt file directly to your answer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 12 (875 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I added the DxDiag 

Message 4 of 12 (863 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@HannaVanity   The main issue is is you have a 32 bit operating system. Even though the base game may run, expansion packs may require a 64 bit operating system. 32 bit operating systems are just about dead. Some systems have dropped their 32 bit versions completely. Your system should support Windows 10 64 bit computing but there is no upgrade path other then reinstalling the Windows 64 bit version. This will wipe your hard drive. You MAY be able to use the activation code that came with your computer and get the 64 bit version but you may have to buy a 64 bit activation key. You can download the 64 bit install image from Microsoft but you still need an activation key. the sooner you make the move the less data you have to back up and save.

Message 5 of 12 (860 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

In addition to what @roberta591  wrote.

If you logon using a Microsoft account (the default) there will not be a need for an activation key as it is saved to the account. When installing and the prompt for a key shows you can just skip it.

Your Graphics driver is very old visit amd.com to upgrade it. Your system has limited RAM if you install Windows 10 64 bit you should look in to adding more RAM. Your CPU is weak for gaming but should work for the Sims 4.

Notice that EA plan to release a legacy version of The Sims 4 for 32 bit Windows. No future update of the game will work with it as they will be 64 bit only.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 6 of 12 (844 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same problem and I am very disappointed because I have spent a lot of money on the Sims since the Sims 1. I understand that the new games need 64bit but why should I throw away a good working computer on 32bit ????  I just read on https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/The-Sims-4-Update-on-Supported-Systems/td-p/7629106 that the Legacy Edition is postponed so the least they can do is support the game. I have all the necessay requirements and as I see I'm not the only one with problems I expect some help for those with problems.

Message 7 of 12 (725 Views)

Hero

Hi @vgrundea52 

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Maybe it would be possible to get some extra RAM and upgrade to Win 64 bit ? For most Windows versions it's free.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 12 (709 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrict I have a 32 bit, don't want to change now. On https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/The-Sims-4-Update-on-Supported-Systems/td-p/7629106 they announced a Legacy version for 32 bits, available in June 2019, I waited, now they postponed that till end of 2019. Ok for me but then they should support the 32bit untill the Legacy version is available ...
Message 9 of 12 (669 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @vgrundea52 

We're all users here like you. I can't help you further cause once the game goes over the 2 GB RAM your computer can use, it crashes. Sims 3 had similar issues. My save regularly uses over 3.5 GB.

You will probably need to contact a game advisor through EA Help but I can also check if a CM can provide you with further suggestions. 

Game advisors can be found through live chat or call-back

Click on this this link for fast finding https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ 

In Details here: How to contact a Game Advisor

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 12 (653 Views)