My Sims 4 Keeps Freezing

by dudeitsbo1991

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My Sims 4 Keeps Freezing

★ Novice

I've been playing the Sims 4 for about 2 days with no problems.

Last night and this morning the program keeps freezing my whole system. I can't even go back to my desktop to stop the app.  

I've updated my driver and updated the sims on origins and nothing is helping.

It freezes about 5 minutes after paying. 

I've attached my DxDiag.

Message 1 of 3 (251 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My Sims 4 Keeps Freezing

@dudeitsbo1991  It looks like an Adobe notification tool is crashing.  It's not clear whether this is happening while you're running Sims 4, but it's worth addressing anyway.  Either disable notifications from any Adobe software you have installed, or disable all notifications while you play (or both).

You also have a few failed Windows updates.  It's a good idea to run a couple of basic checks on your Windows system files, then manually run any pending updates.  Here's how to run the checks:

• Hit Windows key-X
  • Choose either “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator),” whichever option is offered
  • Inside the window that appears, copy and paste “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • The system will start validating soon. If it throws an error, please list it here
  • After it reaches 100%, hit Windows key-X again
  • Again, choose “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator)”
  • Inside the window, copy and paste “sfc /scannow” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • Post the message you receive here

Restart your computer, hit Windows key-i, choose Updates & Security, and click the button to check for updates.

Restart your computer again, if the update process doesn't do it for you, and test the game.  If it still freezes your computer, please check the Reliability Monitor for a relevant entry.  Hit Windows key-R and enter "perfmon /rel" without quotes.  A chart will appear listing errors and updates, with a column for each day.  Today will be all the way on the right.

Please look for the most recent error (errors have a red/white X, as opposed to updates), click View technical details, copy the information, and paste it into a reply here.  You can use a spoiler tag if it's long.  Or you can paste it into a .txt document and attach it to a post like you did your dxdiag.

By the way, the timestamps on certain errors aren't always totally accurate in the overview.  So don't be thrown off if the recent error's timestamp is off by a bit from what you'd expect.  The time listed in the technical details should be accurate though.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (216 Views)

All Replies

@dudeitsbo1991  It looks like an Adobe notification tool is crashing.  It's not clear whether this is happening while you're running Sims 4, but it's worth addressing anyway.  Either disable notifications from any Adobe software you have installed, or disable all notifications while you play (or both).

You also have a few failed Windows updates.  It's a good idea to run a couple of basic checks on your Windows system files, then manually run any pending updates.  Here's how to run the checks:

• Hit Windows key-X
  • Choose either “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator),” whichever option is offered
  • Inside the window that appears, copy and paste “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • The system will start validating soon. If it throws an error, please list it here
  • After it reaches 100%, hit Windows key-X again
  • Again, choose “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator)”
  • Inside the window, copy and paste “sfc /scannow” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • Post the message you receive here

Restart your computer, hit Windows key-i, choose Updates & Security, and click the button to check for updates.

Restart your computer again, if the update process doesn't do it for you, and test the game.  If it still freezes your computer, please check the Reliability Monitor for a relevant entry.  Hit Windows key-R and enter "perfmon /rel" without quotes.  A chart will appear listing errors and updates, with a column for each day.  Today will be all the way on the right.

Please look for the most recent error (errors have a red/white X, as opposed to updates), click View technical details, copy the information, and paste it into a reply here.  You can use a spoiler tag if it's long.  Or you can paste it into a .txt document and attach it to a post like you did your dxdiag.

By the way, the timestamps on certain errors aren't always totally accurate in the overview.  So don't be thrown off if the recent error's timestamp is off by a bit from what you'd expect.  The time listed in the technical details should be accurate though.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (217 Views)

★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict  Thank you so much for the reply.

I did uninstall Adobe as I do not use it. 

Here is the reading from after doing the "sfc /scannow prompt.

"Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

I'm going to restart my computer now

Message 3 of 3 (195 Views)