My Sims 4 Game is not working.

by MishyTheFishy

Original Post

My Sims 4 Game is not working.

★★ Novice

I don't know what has been going on, but ever since I bought Seasons, my game hasn't been working right. Whenever I try to load a family, there is a loading error (forgot the number) that tells me I should relaunch the game. When I do relaunch the game and try again, sometimes the error pops up again, but when it doesn't the game just loads and loads forever. I can never play a family. Yes, I've tried playing different families, yes, I've moved houses with my current family. Yes, I've checked my mods, yes, I've reinstalled without uninstalling, and yes, I've uninstalled the entire game. It could be wicked whims or the mc command center, but I've updated both of those, put them in, and the game just kept loading forever so I couldn't tell if they didn't work or not. The other day I had put in certain mods to try and see if that would work. The game loaded and I got to play for a good two days (actual), but then I tried to put in more mods to see which ones would work, and which ones wouldn't, but the game just broke again. I don't know what else I can try. I just really miss playing the Sims. Any help? 

Message 1 of 4 (207 Views)

Re: My Sims 4 Game is not working.

Champion (Retired)

Do you have any Mods or CC? If so move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

Otherwise please post a DxDiag. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the txt file directly to your answer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 4 (191 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, the game works perfectly fine without mods or cc, should I try something else? 

Message 3 of 4 (164 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Since you now know what causes it you can try to narrow it down by adding Mods/CC back a little at a time until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 4 (159 Views)