My Sims 4 Game Won't Open After CC?

by caitlynd8

Original Post

My Sims 4 Game Won't Open After CC?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

My sims 4 game won't open after a large amount of cc I got from the sims resource, and tumblr.

I even deleted all of that cc, still no luck.

When I try to load the game, it goes from a black screen, to a white screen, and then says "the sims 4 has stopped working"

help?

edit:

it's fixed now!

Message 1 of 12 (9,708 Views)

Re: My Sims 4 Game Won't Open After CC?

EA Staff

@caitlynd8 Could you please copy your Mods folder to your desktop and then delete it from the game folder (default location Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4) and then check if the issue remains?

Let us know how you get on!

Message 2 of 12 (9,684 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Still didn't work, unfortunately D:

Message 3 of 12 (9,681 Views)

EA Staff

@caitlynd8 In that case could you please try running a repair on the game? To do the repair, right click the Sims 4 game and select 'Repair Game'.

Let us know how you get on!

Message 4 of 12 (9,668 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Kristi Still no luck :c Thank you though

Message 5 of 12 (9,661 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Sorry for a late reply, but sounds like the best option here is to uninstall, unfortunately. Just make sure you back up any wanted content and save what you want to your library and/or the gallery. If that doesn't work then.... REQUEST A REFUND... Just kiddng, haha. But seriously, I think a fresh re-install should clear your issues.

I am NOT responsible for any loss of items and/or game data. I hope your issue gets fixed! As I know the struggle of not being able to play, because I am having an issue where I can load into build mode and CAS from the menu/map perfectly fine, however I cannot move in a Sim and go into live mode, as it just goes into the loading screen and sits there.

My Post: Loading into households takes forever!

Message 6 of 12 (9,642 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@SneezySpice Thanks! I'll try that right now. Hopefully your issue gets fixed, too!

EDIT:

That still didn't work unfortunately :S

Message 7 of 12 (9,635 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thanks! It was fixed, as I just got rid of some actual mods and it cleared up.

Sounds like you should contact EA and/or Maxis, as this could either be a problem with your computer, or a serious game issue. Have you upgraded any software of hardware when this happened?

Message 8 of 12 (9,616 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

My game works when I move my "Mods" folder out of "The Sims 4" folder...does that mean I have to delete all of my CC?? Frown((

Message 9 of 12 (9,085 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@PandaFood21

Of course not. Only to check it.

Move the mods folder to the desktop.
Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder -important!
Fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library -right click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.

Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder and to check if a game is working now without mods and CC.

Check if there are new updated versions of the mods and CC you are using.
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods one by one every time checking if the game is OK. Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method.
You need to find a culprit and either remove it or replace it with an updated version

I don't work for EA.
Message 10 of 12 (9,075 Views)