My Sims 4 Game Won't Load..

by Sticketss

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My Sims 4 Game Won't Load..

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

This is my first time making a thread about almost anything on here so.. bare with me Angel

Uhm so.. My game [sims 4] hasn't been working for awhile now [since the Sept update], and I thought that I could fix it myself and maybe figure it out but nothing has popped up.

SO! The day of the game crashing, I was playing normally that day, everything was working fine [with my cc & mods]. I went afk for about 10-15 mins and came back to my desktop.. sims crashed [apparently]. 

I basically did EVERYTHING to try and fix the game [removing/renewing sims 4 folder, reinstalling&uninstalling, taking out the mods folder, clearing my cache].

I don't think it's an issue of my laptop, because I just bought this gaming laptop a couple months ago.. also, I do play other games besides sims and they open and run perfectly. 

Sims just will not load to the main menu. Like at all. It shuts/crashes just when it gets to the green diamond and then my desktop appears, saying that I'm no longer in sims.

This is the first time this ever happened to me. I really hope I don't have to give up my favorite childhood game.

Edited: Also wanted to add that, I do have the recent Oct update downloaded.

Message 1 of 11 (463 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My Sims 4 Game Won't Load..

[ Edited ]

@Sticketss  You ran the dxdiag correctly.  Just to be clear, disabling Origin in-game didn't help, and neither did a clean Sims 4 folder?  (I think you tried both, but I want to make sure.)

The Sims 4 errors in your dxdiag reference a component of the VC++ 2013 runtimes, so you'll need to reinstall both versions.  It's best to uninstall your current versions first.  Hit Windows key-i, select Apps, scroll down to the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables, and uninstall both the x86 and x64 versions from 2013 specifically.  Don't touch the versions from any other year.  Then download new copies from Microsoft:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

You can skip the _arm version, which is for a different class of device.  Restart your computer before trying to play, and keep using a clean Sims 4 folder, just to avoid any complicating factors.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 6 of 11 (440 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Did you try Uninstalling and reinstalling Origin? When my Sims 4 kept crashing that worked for me.

Message 2 of 11 (456 Views)

@Sticketss  Try disabling Origin in-game: hover over your username, select Application Settings, then the Origin in-game header, and disable the option at the top.

If that doesn't help, please move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just see whether you can get far enough to start a new save and play for a bit.  Let me know either way.

If you can't play even with a clean folder in place, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 3 of 11 (449 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes, I tried that.

Message 4 of 11 (447 Views)

★★★ Novice

I tried that and it still isn't working.

Not sure if I did the dxdiag thing right.. 

Message 5 of 11 (446 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Sticketss  You ran the dxdiag correctly.  Just to be clear, disabling Origin in-game didn't help, and neither did a clean Sims 4 folder?  (I think you tried both, but I want to make sure.)

The Sims 4 errors in your dxdiag reference a component of the VC++ 2013 runtimes, so you'll need to reinstall both versions.  It's best to uninstall your current versions first.  Hit Windows key-i, select Apps, scroll down to the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables, and uninstall both the x86 and x64 versions from 2013 specifically.  Don't touch the versions from any other year.  Then download new copies from Microsoft:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

You can skip the _arm version, which is for a different class of device.  Restart your computer before trying to play, and keep using a clean Sims 4 folder, just to avoid any complicating factors.

Message 6 of 11 (441 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I see more than one to uninstall. I just want to make sure that your asking me to remove all 2013 redistributables? or just the older version?
Message 7 of 11 (438 Views)

@Sticketss  I'm specifically suggesting you remove two redistributables, the ones from 2013 that say x86 and x64.  All the other ones are installed for other programs that need them.  (For example, Sims 4 uses the ones from 2010 as well; Origin also uses the ones from 2015.)

Message 8 of 11 (431 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Sorry, I knew what you were suggesting. I think I didn't mention that there are four 2013 redistributables [two x86 & two x64] popping up in my Apps. What I wanted to know is, if I should delete all four or just delete two of the older versions?
Hope that made sense xD
Message 9 of 11 (385 Views)

@Sticketss  I've seen that too, and I never bothered to try to figure out why.  (I'm guessing some other app just went ahead and installed its preferred versions, but without a problem to troubleshoot, it seemed like too much effort to go poking around.)  But yes, to answer your question, uninstall all of them before reinstalling—you don't know which ones are being called when Sims 4 launches, or if maybe the presence of multiple copies is itself the issue.

Message 10 of 11 (383 Views)