Re: My Sims 4 Game Reset Itself??

by Strawbany

Original Post

Hero

Search your computer if there's another tray folder somewhere. Maybe it got moved by accident.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 69 (3,592 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I moved everything back and wont fix please help

Message 12 of 69 (3,557 Views)

Hero

Moved back from where ? Are you sure you put everything in the folder the game uses ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 69 (3,551 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi - I'm having the same issue, yet I've done everything that you and @pekesims have suggested, although with no successful results. All of my folders that have anything to do with the Sims 4 are from today, nothing from any of the earlier days that I've played. When I'm launching the game, it still has the hours recorded, but it seems as if those hours have never been applied to the in-game. The folders that you said may be missing are all in my Sims 4 documents - the only obvious issues are 1) the dates are consistently 8/10/2016, and 2) the families and any progress in the game are completely wiped. Any other ideas?

- MandarinNoodle 

Message 14 of 69 (3,504 Views)

Hero

Are you using onedrive ? Did you maybe check if the game is using that folder ?

Did you also search your hard drive if there's any other Sims folder ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 69 (3,498 Views)

ReMy Sims 4 Game Reset Itself??

★★★★★ Novice

Mine reset itself too and I'm heartbroken. I had to move my folder bc it had moved itself to the wrong location. Someone help me fix PLEASE IM DYING HERE

Message 16 of 69 (3,385 Views)

★ Novice

Same! this has happend now 3 times! ALL MY SAVED FAMILYS ARE GONE! EVERYTHING!!!!! all my homemade built builds, gone

Message 17 of 69 (3,326 Views)

Hero

Could you check this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves

Do you have any other files besides slot_00000001.save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 69 (3,322 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This sort of thing has happened to me before,

It was after I changed some settings a save file got deleted by the game, it was after I discovered it wasn't deleted, but instead moved to a corrupt save files folder, I reset my settings to default and put the save file back from the "saves.corrupt" folder it created and it all was there again, if there is no saves.corrupt then its possible its rewritten some of the data trying to load the game, and therefore isn't showing.

Search for a "saves.corrupt" folder, if there is none, search your recyclebin for a save file, if not see if you have any old saves of the world.

Hopefulyl I helped,

I'm subscribed to the thread if you need me.

Message 19 of 69 (3,311 Views)

★ Novice

This just happened to me. I just want to die. Frown

Message 20 of 69 (3,225 Views)