My Sims 4 Game Reset Itself and My Mods Disappeared

by luvnatasha

Original Post

My Sims 4 Game Reset Itself and My Mods Disappeared

★ Novice

So, I was going to play Sims 4 but before hand my Onedrive signed out and signed back in and now my game reset itself and my cc and mods aren't showing up like they were when I was playing just hours ago. Also I don't have the one household I had before with all my cc, I have other households that I made when this happened to me a while ago. It's like all the stuff I did was somehow wiped. This has happened before when the game just completely reset and there was nothing, and I just played the game and made some households because I eventually gave up, but I fixed it somehow and I don't remember what I did. And now the game just went back to that. Someone please help!

Message 1 of 3 (1,108 Views)

Re: My Sims 4 Game Reset Itself and My Mods Disappeared

Hero (Retired)

@luvnatasha  OneDrive is moving your user data to a different folder so it can sync with other computers. The creators update to Windows 10 update reset the settings for OneDrive. OneDrive is tightly coded into Windows 10 and removal could be hard so just disabling OneDrive is a fast solution. The actions of OneDrive are not under the control of the game so once OneDrive moves the data the game can't find it. DO NOT sign into OneDrive. Uninstalling OneDrive could cause future problems as there is no telling what Microsoft will do in the future and it seems (at least to me) that Microsoft wants you to use OneDrive. Until Miscrosoft understands that most users do not want or need to sync their data most users will just have to keep disabling OneDrive every time Microsoft enables OneDrive with an update. This comes under the heading that computer gamers need to have some knowledge of the operating system.

hth

Message 2 of 3 (1,089 Views)

Re: My Sims 4 Game Reset Itself and My Mods Disappeared

★ Novice

Ok, I signed out of OneDrive but it still isn't working.

Message 3 of 3 (1,084 Views)