My Sims 3 won't stop crashing

by Bbhangout25

Original Post

My Sims 3 won't stop crashing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

After I pick which world I want to be in and click the check button the loading screen shows up, obviously, but before it is done loading my game crashes and it does that every time and it's annoying

Message 1 of 2 (227 Views)

Re: My Sims 3 won't stop crashing

@Bbhangout25  I split your comment into its own thread because the previous thread was several years old.

The first and easiest thing to try is to drag your TS3 game folder (not just pieces, the whole thing) out of Documents and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  If you can start a new game and actually load the world, then you're good.

If you have content from your old game folder you'd like to keep, you can add it to your new folder in batches, testing each time to make sure you can still load a new save.  If you see another crash, you'll know that one of the files you just moved was corrupt or otherwise problematic, and you can split the batch and test it until you find the culprit.

If you can't even load a new game in a clean folder, please run a dxdiag and attach the results to a post here (use the Browse button).  Please also list the packs you have installed.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (211 Views)