by kaytee7122

Original Post

Re: My Sims 3 game keeps freezing every few seconds

★★★ Novice
I tried this and it didn't work Frown
Message 41 of 45 (5,286 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Downloaded this about a year ago and I've been experiencing the same thing. None of the "fixes" seem to be working.

Message 42 of 45 (5,056 Views)

@Urckahjay  Could you be more specific about what you're experiencing?  If you're trying to use Isla Paridiso, you should know that the world is so poorly made that it's almost unplayable without some serious editing.  (The gameplay features of the expansion pack work fine and translate well to other worlds, provided the water is deep enough for dive lots and for boats to navigate.)

What particular fixes have you tried?  And what about your hardware?  Depending on your computer's specs and which EPs you're trying to run, there are steps you should be taking to ensure that the game runs smoothly.  For example, on newer graphics cards, the frame rates have to be capped, or the card can cause lagging and worse problems up to and including burning itself out completely.

If you could provide these details, someone would be able to give you more specific advice.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 43 of 45 (5,049 Views)

★★ Novice

Wow... I had stopped playing my game for a few weeks and was so sad about it and even had thoughts of saving up money to purchase a better gaming computer with crazy RAM and a better graphics card. I finally decided to look it up and this worked like a charm! Thank you so much!! 

Message 44 of 45 (4,368 Views)

★ Novice

Seriously??? I've been struggling with this problem for months! Even upgraded my gpu. I can't wait to get home and try this! Thanks for sharingThumbs up

Message 45 of 45 (3,875 Views)