My Sims 3 game keeps cutting off

by sassie3

Original Post

My Sims 3 game keeps cutting off

★★★ Newbie

I'm having trouble with my sims 3 game. The will launch and then less than five minutes after it will cut off on me. I've tried resetting my computer and updating it. And with Origin I've tried reloading the site. And I'm still having the same issue.

Message 1 of 3 (283 Views)

Re: My Sims 3 game keeps cutting off

@sassie3  When you say the game will cut off, do you mean it alone crashes, or does your computer shut down or restart as well?  Do you see any error messages?  If so, please take a screenshot of one and attach it to a post.

The first thing to try is to remove your entire Sims 3 game folder from Documents\Electronic Arts.  Launch the game, which will spawn a clean game folder, load a new save, and play for long enough to test Create a Sim, live play, and Build/Buy for a few minutes each.  If you don't get any crashes, then the issue is something in your current game folder, and you'll need to sort through those files.  Let me know, and I'll describe how to do it.

If your game still crashes (even if a bit later) in a clean game folder, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post here.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (269 Views)

Re: My Sims 3 game keeps cutting off

★★★ Newbie

the game itself crashes, and I will try that. Thank you for the link

Message 3 of 3 (247 Views)