Re: My Sims 3 game is EXTREMELY Slow, I can't even play it because of this

by Emmary432759

Original Post

My Sims 3 game is EXTREMELY Slow, I can't even play it because of this

★★★ Newbie

My Sims 3 game is extremely, and I mean EXTREMELY slow. When I start it, it takes a good 30 minutes to get to the new game/selection screen. And when I load a game or start a new one? IT TAKES MORE THAN AN HOUR FOR THE GREEN BAR TO GO UP. AN HOUR. And when I finally get to the town overview, I click on "create household" because I want to make a sim, and oh dear, don't even get me started! Moving one of the levers to make my sim's eyes, for example, become larger or smaller, is really laggy and making a sim takes usually around a few hours. It's even worse with the clothes. I click on clothes, and I have to wait for 20 min to load the clothing selections.

This is very frustrating, because I wanna make sims but my game won't let me because it's so, so, SO slow!

I have a Fujitsu laptop with Windows 8 installed, and it seems to run other games that are MUCH more demanding than the Sims very smoothly. What confuses me is that my Sims game actually didn't lag before, even when I had custom content. Is it because of a patch? I'm really not sure, but I'm just looking for an answer, I'm desperate.

I've deleted lots of my custom content (I didn't have much in the first place) and I deleted lots of my sims that I don't use aswell. I have only about 3 mods. I've got the Pets expansion pack along with the base game (obviously). That's it. I really don't understand. What the heck is going on?

Please help...

Message 1 of 3 (27,676 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps/td-p/714/

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (27,620 Views)

★ Novice

I just go to my file called DCbackup, it is in your sims3 file. You then delete everything, EXCEPT CCmergered! they are unimportant files that just lag your game really.

Message 3 of 3 (14,292 Views)