Re: My Sim wont move on to the next action until I pause and unpause.

by ElriendelAshtae

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Well, I dont know if the solution was already found, but the same happened to me, I tried everything with no sucess, until I saw one little detail in game, when this bug was up, the temperature icon that is supposed to appear right next to the sim hours clock wasnt there, what I did was the following, I used a simple cheat to fix the issue, while I believe it may be temporary, it worths the shot, type ctrl + shift + c, then type "testingcheats on" whithout quotes, then type on the same textbox the following "seasons.set_season 0",  you may try 0 for summer, 1 for winter, 2 for autumn and 3 for spring, once you do that the temperature icon should appear right next the clock again, you should have a message in the middle of the screen saying wich season you just begun and everything should be fixed then...

Message 21 of 30 (2,718 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem, it's definitely a Seasons bug, its been happening since then. I uninstalled all mods and cc, and my computer more than meets the specs. It's really annoying - it makes the game unplayable and I haven't found even a temporary solution yet so I have to abandon games. Pretty poor from EA considering the price of the expansion and it that it doesn't really add much anyway. I know two other people irl who are affected by this.

Message 22 of 30 (2,622 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Could everyone please post their specs to see if there's any similarities.

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 30 (2,603 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having this same problem. My sims take forever to start an action when I tell them too. They just stand there for about a minute and then finally will start action. Then, when I go to cancel an action the sim will still continue to perform the action. Most of the time to get them to cancel it I have to pause it and wait a couple of minutes in real time and play it for them to stop doing the action. It gets very frustrating especially if someone is preforming an action before work so this makes them late for work. I'm also having the problem of when it is time for the sim to go to work, the clocked time is time for them to go to work but the action "go to work" does not come up for them to leave. I have tried clicking on the job tab and manually make them, but the option to make them go to work is not there. It's like the time is wrong. I usually have to pause the game for a couple of minutes and then play and it will finally pop up for them to go to work. But once again they are about an hour late. I'm also having a problem with the fast forward button. I will click the fastest fast forward button and for instance the time will say 4 am, then when I click pause its back to 2 am. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling my game, repairing my game, starting a new game, etc but nothing is seeming to help. I've seen someone say that this was due to Seasons but I really don't want to un-download it because Seasons is the game pack I was waiting for. Does anyone know how to fix this without having to uninstall Seasons? Surely if Seasons was the cause of this they would've fixed it by now.. I just know it's so frustrating and fixing to cause me to stop playing.. Again. Thanks in advance. 

Message 24 of 30 (2,589 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I also am having similar problems that you're having. Especially the go to work/school issue, although my sims will go to work/school late then when they do get to work/school they won't leave for hours after work/school is supposed to end. I've tried a lot of different things to solve the issue,  I have no mods or custom content, and I just bought my laptop a few weeks ago and sims 4 is the only game I have on it, so there shouldn't be an issue with space. I'm going to try uninstalling seasons next, I love that expansion but that seems to be the issue for most other people. Hopefully, they will fix these issues soon!

Message 25 of 30 (2,574 Views)

★★★★ Novice
So, I uninstalled Seasons and the problems I was having are gone. I really hope that they fix the issues with that expansion pack. I really liked it, but for now I'll have to play without it.
Message 26 of 30 (2,555 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

So I bought Seasons today and the game worked fine, then suddenly this happens to me as well. I am appalled that so many other content packs are being released while there's still one with a glitch that makes the game simply unplayable. My PC has more than the desired specs, lots of available space in drive C, the game runs normally again after I followed the suggestion of removing the Seasons exp folder, but what about my purchase? This expansion is simply not ready to be sold in this state, no matter the price. I sincerely hope a patch will address this soon, but until then, I'm considering returning this expansion.

Message 27 of 30 (2,196 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Can confirm, this is definitely an issue with Seasons. It only started happening after I installed it. I tried every other trick in the book: removing all mods and CC, repairing game, resetting sims, reinstalling the whole game, clearing cache and thumbdrive, NOTHING worked until I uninstalled Seasons. And what do you know, now it works like a charm. Very disappointing to spend heaps of money on a game only for it to become completely unplayable.

Message 28 of 30 (2,097 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for the tip.  I couldn't tell you how many playthroughs I've abandoned because of this bug, before I found this solutions to delete Seasons.  In my opinion EA owes me/us a refund for the full retail price of their Seasons mod pack since it made the game unplayable.  

Message 29 of 30 (1,225 Views)

★ Novice

I didnt have that problem when I first bought seasons a while ago. But I came back to the sims due to the recent pandemic and I started having this issue. I can confirm that uninstalling Seasons fixed the problem. Hope that EA fixes this bug in a patch.

Message 30 of 30 (1,035 Views)