Re: My Sim wont move on to the next action until I pause and unpause.

by Mattall2290

Original Post

★★ Novice

Thank you for the write back. I only play two households in my game and it happens in both.  Unfortunately what seems to gotten rid of the problem was uninstalling Seasons.  I have some further testing to do but I have been playing the game for 8 hours now with no problem.  If anyone else is interested in testing as well or just want a fix until it gets corrected it is fairly simple.  Unless you purchased the expansion from a store you can't actually uninstall it through normal means.  If you installed it through Origin it is actually easier.  Go to where ever you installed your game (mine is the "G" drive.  G:/Program Files (x86)/Origin Games/The Sims 4.  There you should see a whole bunch of folders that contain your game data files.  Look for the one that says EP05.  Cut and paste it some where else.  (You can delete it, but when it comes back time to reinstall you will have to use time and data to redownload, especially if your Origin is set up like mine).  Once the folder is moved go back into your game (you will get a few warning about content has been removed and Origin will tell you that content is waiting to download. Until the issue is fixed you will at least be able to play.  

Two things I recommend.  In origin I would disable "Update automatically for Sims 4" or Origin will reinstall Seasons in the back ground.  The other thing I recommend is creating a new Save after you go into the game after moving the EP05 folder.  

Happy Siming

Message 11 of 30 (14,746 Views)

★★ Novice

Yep that fixed it, sucks cause i was really enjoying seasons Frown

Message 12 of 30 (3,041 Views)

★★★ Novice
ive been having the exact same problem since i downloaded seasons too. i thought it was just my mods but i took those off (i only use one mod anyways) and it still wasnt working. so frustrating! i even went as far to try to just recreate it by saving the household and build but it wouldnt let me save either. 2nd play through its done it to me on too Frown they all start the same, working fine for a while but then out of no where that bug (i will say though in both of my cases there had just been a thunderstorm before it messed up, i wonder if that could be the reason :\)
Message 13 of 30 (2,991 Views)

★★★ Novice
i tryed it in a few different households on different saves, all had the exact same problem listed above to the T. Frown
Message 14 of 30 (2,988 Views)

Hero

Hi @BlueDaisy62

best to post here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Autonomy-and-Needs-not-working-aka-Sims-not-doing/...

Also add your info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 30 (2,971 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

Im glad to know im not the only one having this issue, same thing happens to me, doesn't matter how big the family is it still happens, ill start a new save when this happens and its fine for a little bit then it happens again. where you get the orange error message and nothing works or actually queues up until I hit pause or really any menu button to pause the game. why did I pay 40$ for an expansion that is literally making my game unplayable!? EA really needs to look at this issue. I know it definetly has to be seasons because this didn't start happening until after I installed seasons. mods isn't the issue either as I get the same thing with out. if anyone finds a fix to this please post it, this is so frustrating and now Im really skeptical on buying anymore packs knowing its breaking my game.  

Message 16 of 30 (2,952 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Mattall2290

Please post a DxDiag: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 17 of 30 (2,942 Views)

★ Novice

Here is the specs

Message 18 of 30 (2,917 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Your Graphics driver is somewhat old you should keep it updated But more importantly you do not have enough free space on your system drive for temporary files. When having such a small C: drive it is important for you to remember to always install programs that doesn't need to be on your system drive to your D: drive where there are plenty of space. You need to clear some space on the system drive. You can see here how to move the sims 4 to D: if that is currently installed on C: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Origin-Moving-Games-to-Another-Hard-Drive-or-System/td-p/...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 19 of 30 (2,911 Views)

★ Novice

@jpkarlsenwell i have sims 4 on the D drive but the saves/mods go to c so i got that fixed and all is on D and updated my graphics card, still having the same issue so i decided to disable mods again and i didn't get that issue again, so i think it was a problem on both sides, now i just have to cycle through mods and get the broken ones out, thanks for the help its always bugged me having things save on my solid state instead of the hard drive and this made me take care of it haha 

Message 20 of 30 (2,883 Views)