My Sim wont move on to the next action until I pause and unpause.

by meloney22

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My Sim wont move on to the next action until I pause and unpause.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

My game was running *okay* for about a day. It had the issue of when it would auto fast forward while my sims were at work or school it would lag and rewind after awhile but I just ignored that and tried to play around it. Now suddenly my sims get stuck after completing and action. They will just stand there idly even with things in their queue until I pause the game and press play again. I took out all of my mods and saves and tray and stuff and reopened the game then put them back in and tried to play but the issue persisted. I tried using a save from a few hours before but no luck there either. Any ideas?

Edit: I also cant save my household to the library or upload to the gallery. 

Edit 2: After investigating it a bit more I'm seeing it's an issue of my sim going from one scripted action to the next. She'll finish doing the movements for washing dishes then go back to her default stance, just standing perfectly still until I pause the game and resume it. Time will keep going, it seems just her scripted actions are bugged. 

Message 1 of 30 (11,981 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My Sim wont move on to the next action until I pause and unpause.

★★ Novice

Thank you for the write back. I only play two households in my game and it happens in both.  Unfortunately what seems to gotten rid of the problem was uninstalling Seasons.  I have some further testing to do but I have been playing the game for 8 hours now with no problem.  If anyone else is interested in testing as well or just want a fix until it gets corrected it is fairly simple.  Unless you purchased the expansion from a store you can't actually uninstall it through normal means.  If you installed it through Origin it is actually easier.  Go to where ever you installed your game (mine is the "G" drive.  G:/Program Files (x86)/Origin Games/The Sims 4.  There you should see a whole bunch of folders that contain your game data files.  Look for the one that says EP05.  Cut and paste it some where else.  (You can delete it, but when it comes back time to reinstall you will have to use time and data to redownload, especially if your Origin is set up like mine).  Once the folder is moved go back into your game (you will get a few warning about content has been removed and Origin will tell you that content is waiting to download. Until the issue is fixed you will at least be able to play.  

Two things I recommend.  In origin I would disable "Update automatically for Sims 4" or Origin will reinstall Seasons in the back ground.  The other thing I recommend is creating a new Save after you go into the game after moving the EP05 folder.  

Happy Siming

View in thread

Message 11 of 30 (14,873 Views)

All Replies

Could you test the game without your mods folder in?

Also make sure your Sims inventory isn't overfull. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 30 (11,936 Views)

★★ Novice

I did both of those

Message 3 of 30 (11,910 Views)

It sounds like this known bug, what do you think?
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Autonomy-and-Needs-not-working-aka-Sims-not-doing/...

If it is, feel free to reply, SimQA_Icarus is requesting some more info, maybe you can help?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 30 (11,902 Views)

★★ Novice

No it's not that my sim needs input, I will queue up things for her to do and she will finish one action and stand there perfectly still indefinitely even though there are more things for her to do that I've queued. The only way to get her to go to the next action is to pause the game and then resume it.  

Message 5 of 30 (11,891 Views)

Hero
The needs input is just the tag of the post. Did you read the actual thread ?

It's about autonomy not working.
Yours could be more of a getting stuck though.

Does it matter which interaction they are doing ? How many Sims do you have in your household ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 30 (11,868 Views)

★★ Novice
Yes I did read the post. It doesn't matter what interaction, anything I tell them to do they will do it then go back to standing upright with their arms at their sides and not moving at all, until I pause the game then unpause it. I have two sims
Message 7 of 30 (11,841 Views)

Hero
I've did some merging on the other thread as these are all symptoms of Simulation lag.

Does the same happen if you test a new save game for testing purposes ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 30 (11,833 Views)

★★ Novice

I seem to have the exact same problem.  Mine started after I got the latest patch.  Been happening for a week now and up until today it only happened when I had multiple sims off the home lot.  Today it even happens when my sim is home.  

Message 9 of 30 (11,763 Views)

Hero

Hi @Buddah050

do you have this issue only in a certain household ? Did you test a different household to see if the same occurs ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 30 (11,759 Views)