My Sim won't do anything

by emilyfflat697

Original Post

Re: My Sim won't do anything

★★ Apprentice

Well I do have mods but I'm pretty sure I deleted all of them, and I don't think I have or had one called that

Message 11 of 14 (186 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 14 (179 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I do not use mods I was just playing and then my sim froze and I can't pause or un-pause my game time just goes on and whenever I try and click on anything with my sim it just bugs out

Message 13 of 14 (157 Views)

Hero

Hi @Cakelord2016

on what interaction did that happen ? What's currently happening in your game ? There's a couple of known freeze issues (Sims doing homework or kids/teens going to school)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 14 (148 Views)