My Sim has moodlets from traits she doesn't have... can anyone suggest a fix?

by belovedshackle

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My Sim has moodlets from traits she doesn't have... can anyone suggest a fix?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I created a sim on launch of the game that I have used occasionally ever since. Over the last three years I have changed her traits over a thousand times... and she's become really bugged in the process.

See, for example, even though I've removed the loner trait, she still gets the loner moodlets. At one time, she may have the creative stressed moodlet, the loner stressed moodlet, and the romantic stressed moodlet, none of the traits she actually has, which obviously makes her very unhappy when she has no reason to be.

Does anyone know how to fix this? It's long past being annoying.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

For people who find this page in the future, I was able to fix my bug using some debug commands.

First, make sure "testingcheats enabled" has been activated.

Then, type "sims.remove_all_buffs". If it worked, your sims trait-related moodlets should disappear.

Then, choose from this list and type "traits.remove_trait [name of trait from list]"

Your sim's corrupted moodlets will be gone forever.

Message 1 of 6 (22,825 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My Sim has moodlets from traits she doesn't have... can anyone suggest a fix

Hero

This will probably help you: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Changed-Trait-Wrong-Emotion/td-p/3477285/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (23,878 Views)

All Replies

Re: My Sim has moodlets from traits she doesn't have... can anyone suggest a fix

Do you have any mods or CC (custom content)? Try taking that out.
See this for more information: [PLEASE READ] Usage of Mods and Custom Content 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 6 (22,812 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No. I do not have mods or custom content.

This problem predates the existence of most mods... I don't know why you would think parroting that answer at me is helpful.

Sorry for being irritated, but really?

Message 3 of 6 (22,810 Views)

Hero

This will probably help you: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Changed-Trait-Wrong-Emotion/td-p/3477285/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (23,879 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I have this problem too and I tried out what you did and it still didn’t budge do you know anything else I could do?

Message 5 of 6 (7,532 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with The Sims 4, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 6 of 6 (7,484 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help