Re: My Sim freezes when eating at a table

by Peggysue1825

Original Post

My Sim freezes when eating at a table

★★★ Newbie

My Sims freeze when they grab a serving of food and going to a table to eat.  They put the food on the table and just stand there.  I can add other task like going to the bathroom, taking a shower etc and you can see under the needs it looks like the Sims is doing the task but the Sims is still standing in the same spot.  I have to get rid of all the tables and chairs and have my Sim eat at couch or Loveseat and put the dish on the coffee table.  Also it happens when they go to work, at the festivals or at work.  Once they get the food that's it the Sim will not move. It has happened a few times when Sims does random task but for the most part it is every time they eat.    I have to go to Manage Worlds and go back in.  Then the Sim is where it would be after doing at the tasks I have selected.  I did not have this problem until the last Orgin download about a month or so ago.  Can anyone please give me any suggestions on how to fix this.

Message 1 of 8 (830 Views)

@Peggysue1825  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 tech section.  This is the place for help with in-game issues.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 8 (824 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you.  I appreciate the help.  My first time posting.

Message 3 of 8 (816 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Peggysue1825

Do you have any mods?
1. If yes - move mods folder to the desktop and try without it.
2. Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder - the game will create a new one but without saved errors - and fix the game in Origin. Origin/library - right click on TS4 - option "repair game"

However, such errors are often caused by too little RAM memory that the game gets from the system. If you have an integrated graphics card that also needs to use this memory, despite the theoretically this memory should be enough - it is not enough for the game to go smoothly.

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?
To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the text file to your post directly in option "Reply" - not Quick Reply

I don't work for EA

Message 4 of 8 (807 Views)

★★★ Newbie

DxDiag Version: 10.00.17134.0001 64bit Unicode

Is this what you are talking about.  

Message 5 of 8 (792 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Peggysue1825

Yes, but I need to read it, so this text document must be attached to your post.
Message 6 of 8 (786 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Sorry took so long to respond.  Power was out this morning.  But this is what I got following the steps for the DxDig.

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: LENOVO
System Model: 81D2
BIOS: 7VCN24WW (type: UEFI)
Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 2200U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 7734MB RAM
Page File: 8193MB used, 1659MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DxDiag Version: 10.00.17134.0001 64bit Unicode

Message 7 of 8 (767 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@PeggySue182

What I need is the date of your drivers - This info should be in DxDiag
At the end of DXDiag is given the amount of free space on your C drive - check if you have at least 20 GB free space.
At the very bottom of your, DxDiag is a description of the problems with strange markings.
But In this situation, you have to find yourself if there are new drivers for your GPU
https://www.amd.com/en/support
Check if your Windows is up to date
https://support.microsoft.com/help/4027667/windows-10-update

I don't have a description of problems from DXdiag but I think that
generally, the problem is the GPU because of the integrated graphics chip and maybe temporary lack of memory for the game

Message 8 of 8 (754 Views)