Re: My Sim can't have relationships! University Life bug-break up text via mobile phone

by crinrict

Original Post

My Sim can't have relationships! University Life bug-break up text via mobile phone

★★★ Newbie

Hei there!

I have some troubles in my game with a bug.

My Sim had a girlfriend and during university he sent her a break up-text(you know, via mobile phone, this option is available if you have University Life).

Since the break up text, my Sim can't have relationships anymore and I don't know what to do to fix this bug!

Can you help me?

Thank you

Message 1 of 7 (4,348 Views)

Re: My Sim can't have relationships! University Life bug-break up text via mobile phone

Hero

Yeah, it's a bug.

Did you try to going back to uni and see if you can break up with her in person ?

If not, only other solution I have is using a mod. This is not supported by EA and you'll try at your own risk. Let me know if you want to go down that road.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (4,342 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

He was at university and she was in Bridgeport. He sent her this break up text during university.

Now they are living together in Bridgeport and she appears to him "Ex-Girlfriend", so I guess things are over between them Standard smile)

The "Break up" option at "Mean" doesn't appear, so there's nothing I can do Frown

Ok, I'll go to University with her.

I'll see if it is working

Thank you ^^

Message 3 of 7 (4,338 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I sent both of them to University, but it doesn't work.

Guess I'll have a mod.

Can you help me with this, please?

A link, step by step, stuff like this.

Thank you Standard smile

Message 4 of 7 (4,332 Views)

Hero

Can't give you a link or step by step here since it's not supported by EA but if you google

Overwatch NRaas

You should find what you need. You can ask for help there. Do backup your games before trying.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (4,324 Views)

★★★ Newbie
become a enemy with your Ex then you can date people
Message 6 of 7 (4,175 Views)

Re: My Sim can't have relationships! University Life bug-break up text via mobil

★★★ Newbie

YO

You posted this so long ago, but I just had the same issue, and I wanted to let you know I figured it out.

I used the cheats to add a sim to my active household, the one I wanted to be my sim's boyfriend,

You gotta make sure the friendship level is high, and when they're "extremely irresistible" towards each other from flirting, an option came up where he could ask her to break up with her other boyfriend (even though it said they were already exes because of this break up text bug)

Then shortly after the option to propose going steady with her appeared and the bug was fixed, now they're dating!

Message 7 of 7 (2,256 Views)