Re: My Sim can't get on the computer

by ZaneRomeaveFan

Original Post

My Sim can't get on the computer

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I tried to click my computer and it's non-clickable. I sold the computer and brought a new one, I deleted ALL my CC but it still isn't working. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled sims. Still no luck...

Can someone help??

I'm also having another problem  where certain items have question marks, for example, I was creating a new sim and some outfits had red question marks and for the stuff packs it says I need to download them but when I click them it says "Connect to the internet."... Is there a way I can fix this? Mind you I didn't have any cc installed yet so I think it's something with the game :/

Message 1 of 9 (1,805 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@yourlocalblackg  Is your computer connected to the internet or are you offline? Are the items with question marks from stuff packs you don't have? Does the user have admin rights to that computer? Does the user have adult privileges for this game?

Message 2 of 9 (1,778 Views)

[ Edited ]

@yourlocalblackg  Make sure Origin isn't in offline mode—it would say in the upper right corner of the Origin window.  Clear Origin's cache, then try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

This is the usual fix for the missing textures, but of course a repair only works if Origin can connect.  If you can't repair, or if you still can't download your packs, please post a screenshot of the error you're seeing.

For the cc issue, be sure to delete localthumbcache.package from your Sims 4 game folder.  Load your save and have your sim try to use a couple different computers.  If it still doesn't work, quit, start a new save, and test.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 9 (1,765 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thanks but i tried this already and it didn't work
Message 4 of 9 (1,722 Views)

★ Novice
@roberta591 No, My internet works fine. I brought some stuff packs and it just shows question marks like a missing cc or something. I really don't know what to do. I completely uninstalled Sims and Origin at this point.
Message 5 of 9 (1,719 Views)

@yourlocalblackg  Now that you've uninstalled everything, can you install just the base game?  (You can uncheck the boxes next to all the packs for now.)  If you get an error instead, please post a screenshot of it.

If the base game does install, try also installing the packs that didn't download before.  Again, if you get an error, please post a screenshot.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 9 (1,707 Views)

★ Novice

Try moving your chair closer to the desk! That helped me when I had this problem

Message 7 of 9 (1,648 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Absolutely the correct response. 

Move the chair closer to the desk that has the computer on it. Your Sim is going to cancel out any command that you give them where the computer is concerned because they're trying to tell you that the chair isn't close enough for them to sit and use the computer. 

Message 8 of 9 (1,298 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @FarrahPhoenix thanks for posting but we would ask that you not bump older threads like this.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 9 of 9 (1,260 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help